So I can't download ANY apps at all. Turns out the Marketplace isn't supported in my country. I made my location and system locale set to the US but it still won't download..

and if ever I do get to download anything, they're all free apps. I need a US credit card number to buy apps. :|

I love Windows Phone but this experience is just killing it. Right now, the phone feels like a useless brick.
    11-12-2011 11:50 AM
    What country are you in and did you buy the phone in your country or did you import it?
    11-12-2011 12:07 PM
    You can normally buy prepaid Visa cards on eBay.
    11-12-2011 12:20 PM
    Set your Windows Live Mail account to USA and use real zip codes and whatnot. Then it'll work. That's the way I've done it.
    11-12-2011 02:12 PM
    I got my phone in the Philippines, but the phone's from T-Mobile USA. It's an unlocked version since I didn't have problems sending SMS here.

palandri and justop26, thanks for the suggestions!
    11-12-2011 08:04 PM
    You can try to register a Philippinian credit card, just need to specify US postcode. :-)
    Also you can try to change your Live ID location to USA, but I doubt they have fixed it.(Few months ago it was impossible to edit your location once you set it up) I did same mistake at the beginning and I just reset the phone. (If you don't have any apps, reseting the phone, shouldn't be big of a deal)
    11-14-2011 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD