Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree8Likes
  1. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #1  
    How come Pandora will not release a WP app? It is much needed.

    BTW Pandora website works on mango. But it is sluggish and so hard to use.
  2. Wiccan Lagar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #2  
    My guess would be its a conflict of interest. If windows allows Pandora then people would be more included to drop the Zune pass.

    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    In the Vortex...
  3. Wiccan Lagar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #3  
    Inclined*

    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    In the Vortex...
  4. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveg View Post
    Inclined*

    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    Hmmm. Well, unlike Pandora, Spotify directly competes with zune. Yet it made it to the marketplace.
  5. deadwrong03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    839 Posts
    #5  
    who needs pandora when u have last.fm?
  6. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    who needs pandora when u have last.fm?
    I honestly think Pandora is superior since it is much better at figuring out what I like to listen to. And I also like the Pandora web UI and I use it everyday.
  7. Wiccan Lagar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #7  
    hmmm...I totally forgot about Spotify...which makes my argument null and void. SO Basically I have no clue why Pandora is getting stiff armed.
    In the Vortex...
  8. agm353's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    who needs pandora when u have last.fm?
    last.fm can be quite confusing and a hassle for me. Plus Pandora is a lot better. Either Spotify needs to loosen up, or we needto get Pandora
  9. sin_nombre773's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #9  
    Complaining to the wrong place about the lack of Pandora. I don't get y people are so stuck on this anyway when there are so many alternatives such as Spotify, Last.Fm ,slacker radio AND Zune smartDJ (which is built in by the way and not on any other platform).
  10. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by agm353 View Post
    last.fm can be quite confusing and a hassle for me. Plus Pandora is a lot better. Either Spotify needs to loosen up, or we needto get Pandora
    That's how I feel. Since Spotify was released without a problem, Pandora should make an app too.
  11. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sin_nombre773 View Post
    Complaining to the wrong place about the lack of Pandora. I don't get y people are so stuck on this anyway when there are so many alternatives such as Spotify, Last.Fm ,slacker radio AND Zune smartDJ (which is built in by the way and not on any other platform).
    Pandora cannot be beaten at what it does. There is a reason why so many people use it over all the alternatives.
  12. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    #12  
    I don't think last.fm is as easy to use as slacker and Pandora either.

    Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    propeller10 and agm353 like this.
  13. sin_nombre773's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by propeller10 View Post
    Pandora cannot be beaten at what it does. There is a reason why so many people use it over all the alternatives.
    that may be true but it's still not a reason to downplay,leave WP and blame MS for it.
  14. propeller10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sin_nombre773 View Post
    that may be true but it's still not a reason to downplay,leave WP and blame MS for it.
    I never blamed MS or mentioned leaving WP. May be you should get some sleep my friend. :)
  15. Blacklac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,467 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,017 Global Posts
    #15  
    It is weird that there isnt a Pandora App. Pandora has Apps on TV's, TV streaming boxes, car stereo integration, etc... They are on everything!
    propeller10 likes this.
  16. jeremyshaw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    602 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #16  
    Use last.FM? It's already integrated into Xbox live.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    I use Pandora when I'm listening to Ambient-type music while working (music for which Pandora's method of analyzing the actual music is far superior to other places that just group artists together), but because I got a windows phone (and because my office network blocks pandora) I've had to switch to slacker. The app is great, but at least for my ambient music I'd still love to have Pandora on the Windows Phone.
  18. enahs555's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    634 Posts
    #18  
    So, I know Apple originally paid Pandora to not produce an app for Windows Mobile, a few years back when the iPhone came out. Not sure if that was a general agreement, or if it was just for a few years, etc. Just saying, Pandora was never on Windows Mobile because Apple paid for it to not be; not saying that is why it is NOT on Windows Phone, but it is possible.
  19. kevm14's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    551 Posts
    #19  
    I have a Pandora app on my Touch Pro. It was made for qVGA so it's ugly as **** (and the bitrate is terrible) but it does work.
  20. sin_nombre773's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by enahs555 View Post
    So, I know Apple originally paid Pandora to not produce an app for Windows Mobile, a few years back when the iPhone came out. Not sure if that was a general agreement, or if it was just for a few years, etc. Just saying, Pandora was never on Windows Mobile because Apple paid for it to not be; not saying that is why it is NOT on Windows Phone, but it is possible.
    this could very well be possible, I know Sony used to pay for games to not be on the original Xbox.
  21. straitda's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    #21  
    There's no Pandora app for WP7 because Pandora hasn't developed one. An independant WP developer built a working Pandora app as a proof of concept. It just didn't have all the features such as up/down voting a song. He claimed he was going to develop a full Pandora app for WP7. I haven't seen anything from him yet.

    IMHO, the blame for the lack of a Pandora app lies squarely on Pandora. I think they have it in for the WP7 platform. MS announced them as a development partner in the early days before WP7 was released. Not sure if that was a mistake on the part of MS or if plans fell through for the app.

    It could be that Pandora did not want to build an app for WP7 prior to Mango because of the lack of the ability for third party apps to stream audio in the background. With Mango on a large percentage of handsets, this is no longer an excuse.

    If you plan to stay with WP7 and are looking for a music service like Pandora, I suggest you find another service for now, and let Pandora know you love their service but not enough to drop your phone OS for them. If enough of us do this, they'll get the message.

    Third party Pandora app coming to Windows Phone
    http://www.windowscentral.com/third-...-windows-phone
  22. jeremyshaw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    602 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by sin_nombre773 View Post
    this could very well be possible, I know Sony used to pay for games to not be on the original Xbox.
    To be fair, Sony owns a lot of their development talent. Sort of like how Bungie used to never make anything but xbox games, but now they are hiring skilled PS3 software engineers since they are under the emply of Activision (who is totally not going to IW-esque use and discard of them).
  23. sin_nombre773's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    To be fair, Sony owns a lot of their development talent. Sort of like how Bungie used to never make anything but xbox games, but now they are hiring skilled PS3 software engineers since they are under the emply of Activision (who is totally not going to IW-esque use and discard of them).
    because they cheated and bought them out.
  24. Rhody#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    488 Posts
    #24  
    I much prefer Pandora to the other options. I like that you can start in a Smart DJ fashion but then rename the station and add more artists and songs to the original seed. That alone makes it much more useful than the competition, especially Zune Smart DJ, which is too simple for a paid service. I wish Zune allowed me to fully customize my own station the way Pandora does.
  25. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    #25  
    You can make that suggestion in the voting list of customer wants for the next version of WP os
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions