Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake
  • 1 Post By Big Supes
  1. jdelroyc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    101 Posts
       #1  
    Hello all,

    My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

    Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

    On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)
  2. benzie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #2  
    Been getting the same error message since last night after deleting and reinstalling the facebook app on my Trophy.
  3. Trevsco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #3  
    same here i picked up an HTC Arrive yesterday and it says the same exact thing.
  4. Shane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #4  
    Picked up my Titan last night from the AT&T store. Downloaded the Facebook App and when I go to launch it I continually get this error. Anyone else?
  5. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded it I have never used the app I always use the people hub. The lengths l go to to help you guys out...lol

    So yah I am getting the same results. O_o and welcome to the WPC

    Dave
    benzie likes this.
  6. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    #6  
    Seams to be an epidemic this is the second thread posted today or one of 2 ant ways. I'm going to combine these threads.
  7. Shane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #7  
    Thanked by:
    benzie 
  8. neveryone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #8  
    I posted this issue in the other FB app thread. I didn't see this one until now, but I was searching and saw this thread. Just an FYI:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wppeople/new-htc-titan-fb-app-wont-log-in-says-sorry-there/a8caed19-adc0-41e9-a266-d6757cf67978?page=1&tm=1322100988136#footer
  9. Cluelessjedi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #9  
    I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

    Cheers
  10. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    #10  
    I have an issue with the Facebook app... it's CRAP! :D
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    5tephen likes this.
  11. benzie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #11  
    Working now. Happy Thanksgiving all!

    Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
  12. dbgman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluelessjedi View Post
    I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

    Cheers
    I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app
  13. benzie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgman View Post
    I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app
    Scrolling is is bad along with many other issues. I really never liked this Facebook app and hardly use it these days.
  14. jdelroyc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    101 Posts
       #14  
    The Facebook app is now working so that's good, but for some reason on my Trophy I can't see any of my Facebook friends online through the messenger hub. When I use my girlfriend's Titan, I don't appear online. I have checked my status and it is listed as "available" and have tried re-syncing the account. On her phone she is able to see her Facebook friends but not me. Any ideas?
  15. wizake's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #15  
    i think the scrolling is jerky because of the images that are loaded while scrolling moving the text blocks
  16. Cluelessjedi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wizake View Post
    i think the scrolling is jerky because of the images that are loaded while scrolling moving the text blocks
    Never did it before the most recent update though
  17. ScubaDog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelroyc View Post
    Hello all,

    My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

    Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

    On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)
    Although I never saw any issues, my wife, who has an iPhone 4, was also seeing the errors, so it was NOT just WP7 users.
  18. wizake's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluelessjedi View Post
    Never did it before the most recent update though
    thats true. they must have changed something in the loading of the data/images
  19. trumpet116's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #19  
    Honestly, the Facebook app is so awful, you're probably better off not being able to log in...

Posting Permissions