Are banking apps created by banks or special devs?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe PNC has no app for WP7. I have emailed PNC CSR asking about when or if an app was being created, and they told me that they had no information on that.

Is there a certain type of developer that creates these banking apps for banks? There is obviously some serious security concerns that need to be safeguarded. Not sure if PNC has its own department for creating and maintaining mobile support, or it uses a 3rd party dev for it.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It is company dependent. But I suspect all banks would do it internally for security reasons.

Just FYI, I had never heard of PNC before...

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe PNC has no app for WP7. I have emailed PNC CSR asking about when or if an app was being created, and they told me that they had no information on that.

Is there a certain type of developer that creates these banking apps for banks? There is obviously some serious security concerns that need to be safeguarded. Not sure if PNC has its own department for creating and maintaining mobile support, or it uses a 3rd party dev for it.
[TinfoilHat]

It really depends. I know that Bank of America has an official app for WP7 but most other banks do not.

I have the HTC Arrive and the Nexus S 4G, and back in Android world, I know that my bank (US Bank) actually told people to use a 3rd party banking app (NEVER a good idea) because they didn't have one yet. They finally released an official Android app of their own (I'll never trust a 3rd party app with my banking info, neither should you...just to be safe).

[/TinfoilHat]

anon4941391

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So I was poking around the interwebs today at work...

And I found that Chase has just released a Blackberry App...
http://crackberry.com/chase-mobile-application-now-available-blackberry-app-world

I also found this article about Chase outsourcing their bank apps to a third party developer quite some time ago, and I'm hoping they were working on both Blackberry and WP7 concurrently. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Chase to Expand Mobile Check QuickDeposit Feature on Smartphones | MyBankTracker.com

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in NJ, and I use PNC as well. Recently contacted them via their Twitter account and was told "we'll look into it".....which basically means "go F yourself". :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb