Skype for Windows Phone 7 still scheduled to be released this year

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That was posted in October, maybe plans have slipped a little since then, who knows. :)

I remember Microsoft saying that it was taking them longer than anticipated due to technical reasons.
(What ever that was) :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im expecting it for q1 next year... lol

Just Like blizzard and theer games ,, they said D3 was coming for Xmas ,, now its Coming Q2.. lol

freaking developers!! they should get fined for being late on release, like construction companies do.. LOL

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If i found the link i'll post it this days. However, the article sad that Skype is finished, but not coming because carriers are searching ways to profit from Skype app, in a way calls to be paid, not free. That's why we still don't see Skype on Windows Phone...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If i found the link i'll post it this days. However, the article sad that Skype is finished, but not coming because carriers are searching ways to profit from Skype app, in a way calls to be paid, not free. That's why we still don't see Skype on Windows Phone...

thats kinda of DUMD and heres why

I have SKYPE on my PC does that mean i have to pay my carrier?? **** NO!!!

Cell phones are POCKET PCs ( wether its a Iphone, android or WP )

carriers should not have ANY rights on SKYPE..

like a carrier saying that E-mail is a free way to TXT and they start charging for E-mails apart from DATA..

if any one should make cash its MS/SKYPE ... charge you for some special features.. AT MOST!!! carriers can kiss my ARS!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Figures.

They didn't allow Skype on the iPhone at first, then they allowed it, but only on WiFi. Now they just allow it.

I noticed a lot of WiFi in France blocked VOIP.

pdagal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Skype all the time on my Android phones and the iPhone, it would be supremely foolish if I had to pay the carrier to use it on my Windows Phone. MS would certainly be putting a nail in the platform's coffin if they agreed to that.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
im expecting it for q1 next year... lol

Just Like blizzard and theer games ,, they said D3 was coming for Xmas ,, now its Coming Q2.. lol

freaking developers!! they should get fined for being late on release, like construction companies do.. LOL

since there is no regulating body... vote with your wallet :p

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Tango over 3G/4G. It worked. But was choppy.

So then I tried it through WiFi and the sound was still choppy.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I could see the need for Tango going away unless they come out with some sort of cool new features that aren't available with Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3