Buy an app without trying it out?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you? Do you? I'm asking because I've noticed that I did it on the past two purchases, one being the #1 rated weather app and had awesome screen shots.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol at your motto.

I'm gonna stop doing that because the app isn't even working. I probably have to manually select my city as the "current location" option isn't working.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 device using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have done it pretty regularly when no trial is available. I have gotten screwed a few times with broken apps, but usually a dev with respond to my email comments and get a new, improved version out quickly. Its that .99 chance you take sometimes.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Those chances for me are usually more than .99 cents with trials. Lol.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I do it every time. I do research the app before buying, though. It's not like I'm rolling the dice on a $50 item. Most apps are a buck; I'm okay with risking that amount. If I don't wind up using the app, at least the developer is getting paid to improve an app that I now own, and may use in the future.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the times, the features you would test out are left out in the trial versions.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Today I almost bought Harrison's 17e for $47.99 since it's "discounted", but the no-trial thing kept me from it. Then I realized I wouldn't be on rotations for a few months, so I may as well wait. Deferred decisions :lol:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have only paid for XBL games and the YuleTile app. I wasn't expecting much from the YuleTile app, but thought the concept was cute and purchased it. I only buy XBL games on sale and only read reviews before purchase. Oh, except for PvZ, which I bought full price as soon as I got my phone. I LOVE that game.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I like the trial option. When I was on android I used tweetcaster pro for twitter and I really loved it. When I got the trophy I purchased it without trying because I thought it would have similar functionality, but unfortunately it doesn't have a notification system. Since then I've used the trial version first if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb