Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike 555

I came across this Windows Phone BS app called "I am super VIP" for $499.99, http://bit.ly/sxeRha , How did it go through the review process? God knows!!!
    Microsoft, please don't allow such crappy apps! we dont want a race towards 500K apps like this...

Unfortunately, with the rise in app numbers, there will undoubtedly be a few bad eggs that will leave us all scratching our heads.

This doesn't annoy me nearly as much as spammers who publish ~50 RSS apps all with the same icon, drowning out the new list of any useful apps
    Duvi likes this.
  4. lumic
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 555 View Post
    This doesn't annoy me nearly as much as spammers who publish ~50 RSS apps all with the same icon, drowning out the new list of any useful apps
    The problem is that it is hard to say "we reject your apps on the grounds of them being too similar", or "your app doesn't seem to serve a purpose".

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    honestly, I don't mind these expensive apps...
    the market will take care of this..
    If someone is dumb enough to think an app could be worth $499 and they have the cash/credit to buy it, good on them..
    If no one purchases this app, the developer will have spent the $99 for nothing.
    But if even one person buys it, then the developer has recouped that fee.. pretty much win/win!

I say charities should do this, create a shell developer account, and put out an app for $500 or more... even if only 5 people purchase the app, that's about $1500+ the charity didn't have before... Fundraising via Stupidity!

And as Microsoft points out...all sales are final, so there is no risk of any charge backs!
    Stephen
    Charlotte, NC
    AT&T branded HTC Titan