Is there an AirPlay app out there?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So is there any apps that i could use to stream my music from my Lumia 800 to my speakers via AirPlay? I have found some remote apps that let you control the music on your PC or mac, but that's not really what i'm looking for.

Before people start suggesting other streaming methods than Airplay, i have spent way too much money for solid AirPlay setup and for my HiFi speakers i have found AirPlay to produce best sound quality and reliability.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, did you find any app that allows your Lumia 800 to work as a remote and music source for Airplay?

Nope. :(
It's one of the main reason why i owned ipad 2 and now new ipad (just can't get used to that name).

Smart Glass will hopefully solve my problems in living room as far as streaming goes, but not the two AirPort express's i have around my house connected to speakers.

EDIT. Wow, looking at the views seems like i'm not only one interested at this. I was wondering back then when i made this thread and looking info that there where so little interest for this.
So happy MS truly went for SmartGlass, DLNA is such a mess at the moment. Why AirPlay is so popular.

Last edited:

HifiGuy900

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Can the new Nokia Play To app be used to airplay to a jailbroken apple tv? I just want to stream to my apple tv using Play To or any similar app. One reason I still have my iPhone 3Gs (as iPod).

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
Would love to make the move to WP8, but airplay may hold me back. I have standardized on Apple's protocol for all my speakers and docks, 4 zones in the house. I can keep my iPad and old iPhone to use as remotes, but I love being able to listen to music in the house, grab my phone and continue where I left off int he car... I think I can get past it, but it will be a tough decision.

I am holding off until I can touch and feel the 920 and the new HTC... That may put me over the edge.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So is there any apps that i could use to stream my music from my Lumia 800 to my speakers via AirPlay? I have found some remote apps that let you control the music on your PC or mac, but that's not really what i'm looking for.

Before people start suggesting other streaming methods than Airplay, i have spent way too much money for solid AirPlay setup and for my HiFi speakers i have found AirPlay to produce best sound quality and reliability.

Does your device not support DLNA? My entire entertainment system does right out of the box. Whether you have Apple TV or not, your BluRay player or your TV should support DLNA.

And that's kind of redundant anyway, because if you are syncing your music through Zune, which uses Windows Libraries, just leave your PC on... Windows Libraries can be stream in their entirety to the same TV's and BluRay devices... I do it all the time.

Shibby48

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DLNA isn't the answer

Does your device not support DLNA? My entire entertainment system does right out of the box. Whether you have Apple TV or not, your BluRay player or your TV should support DLNA.

And that's kind of redundant anyway, because if you are syncing your music through Zune, which uses Windows Libraries, just leave your PC on... Windows Libraries can be stream in their entirety to the same TV's and BluRay devices... I do it all the time.

You're kind of missing the point.
I'm in the same boat as the original poster.

*Airplay devices are not DLNA compatible.
*I don't want to leave my PC on--it's a 600W gaming system / space heater that I only turn on for gaming or sync'ing.
*I can print to an airplay enabled printer from my phone, stream music to my airplay enabled router with *two taps* (DLNA generally involves a lot more steps), throw video to my appleTV with *two taps*, and stream HD media without a problem.

*The apple TV device is about the size of a stack of square coffee coasters, is fanless, and doesn't overheat. My XBox slim gets quite hot in the AV cabinet, gets half the wifi signal of the appleTV device...in the same cabinet, has a less intuitive multimedia interface unless booted into mediacenter, and takes a bit longer to boot up.

I was a Blackberry, then WP7 user, then an Android user, and now an iPhone user. I had all the i-devices to support my wife's i-habit...and couldn't find the Windows equivalents, especially with two-tap ease of use. I love the WP interface, but it lacks the ease-of-use that airplay has...so get me airplay in two taps, and I'll sell my iPhone the day that the 920 comes out! A fanless, SSD XBox with better WiFi couldn't hurt either. or a Media PC that didn't involve more than $250 or self-construction. Or simply an XBox functioning as a media center rather than a Media Center extender (why do I have that massive HD if I can't fully use it?)

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about AirPlay but can you hook up a Bluetooth audio gateway to those speakers? There are some on Amazin for $50.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was a Blackberry, then WP7 user, then an Android user, and now an iPhone user. I had all the i-devices to support my wife's i-habit...and couldn't find the Windows equivalents, especially with two-tap ease of use. I love the WP interface, but it lacks the ease-of-use that airplay has...so get me airplay in two taps, and I'll sell my iPhone the day that the 920 comes out! A fanless, SSD XBox with better WiFi couldn't hurt either. or a Media PC that didn't involve more than $250 or self-construction. Or simply an XBox functioning as a media center rather than a Media Center extender (why do I have that massive HD if I can't fully use it?)

Great to see there's still interest for this topic. :D I'm not sure how many people actually understand just how easy and great (quality) Apple's AirPlay has. It's not a coincidence that DLNA has not raised to wide use, while people who have AirPlay devices use the feature daily.

That said i have sold all of my Apple products as owning 500 euros tablet just to play music at times started to be silly.
Microsoft did the right direction with SmartGlass, but they need to broaden that hardware and really make it a media center. For now i can't get Xbox as PS3 Blu-Ray support and smoother Netflix for me is still more important.
Though i would happily pay for MS AirPort Express like hardware.

Last edited:

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I'm picking up my 920 on the way home tonight, I won't let the lack of airplay get me down. But would love to see someone jump on this.

Yuvarajmk

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping that Smartglass would be the solution but not to be.. There is nothing (no apps, no h/w) which would match the apple airplay/apple tv.. Does Smartglass stream videos/music or mirror from WP to TV (although it allows to choose from xbox music library)? I guess NO :unhappy: and would be glad if i m proven wrong..

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

There's an app called AirPla7 AirPla7 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett