Time to take a stand!!(Netflix)

schweetzeke

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Im having tons of issues with the official Netflix app, I know many others are as well (reading all the app reviews). Crashing, slow and glitchy, poor audio and video quality, Mango multitasking, Mango app resume, etc. I think its time to take it to the next level. Perhaps theyre unaware, perhaps they have abandoned it, I dont know. all I know is the cliche "The squeky wheel gets the grease" Is true, and works for me all the time. We should contact Netflix, politely let them know whats going on, ask them to tell the developers, to read the reviews, and to fix it for us! They LOVE the feedback, I do know that! They ask for feedback on problems with streaming and DVD service, just not on apps...

PLUS, Windows Phone 7 had this Netflix app before Android and iPhone, and it used to work GREAT. Now that they have expanded to the UK theyre gonna need this app to work well, since WP7 is fairly popular across the pond! :D

The easiest way to contact them is via twitter, @Netflix @Netflixhelps however you never know if they see your tweet unless they respond.
You could always call them 1-888-811-1933 to let them know. They are always super nice.

Enough is enough, lets hit em with a barrage of feedback! Make a difference! :)

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Android verison on my Asus transformer is pretty laggy. So laggy I normally pick what I want to watch on a desktop PC and put it in the instant queue. Example at work if I use my tablet on break I will log into Netflix first and per pick what I wanna watch while eatting lunch.

It is almost bad enough I thought about going back to the download shows/encode my own DVDs again.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I either watch on my Laptop, or on my xbox360. After that, I like the iOS version, then the Android version, then the WP7 version. In that order of stability (seriously... I don't care much for the quality after 480p, as long as it's stable and doesn't crash, timeout, etc).

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
For Android I actually went in and lowered the default netflix quality settings. I had it on highest possible but went down one level when my Tablet kept freezing.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So this is just a-ok with everyone?

what a shame. :dry

It hasn't crashed or been slow and glitchy for me and audio and video quality seem fine. Like I said, it's better than Netflix was on my Android phones so I'm not going to start complaining just yet.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Weird. This is one of my favorite apps and I have never had it crash. I've used it for 4 hours straight before!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that I would ask is that items like this disable the capacitve buttons somehow. I have many times been in a movie, hit Bing on accident, and then have to reload.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
At least you guys have the app. Although Netflix has just been released in the UK on every platform imaginable; the WP7 app is strangely absent.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I been using netflix from DAY ONE (end of 2010 , over 1 year ) and I NEVER had a problem.

PS: if you have bad video Quality Or Bad reception, that's most likely not NETFLIX's fault.

the quality depends on reception.(speeds ur getting )

no mango update sucks doh, but its easy to resume where you paused.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
:mad: Mine just started crashing TODAY. I've been using it every day for the last two weeks without many problems. Starting this morning it won't even start up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05