Question about redownloading apps

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
At the end of december i upgraded to the focus flash, and recently returned it to wait for the lumia 900. I received a $25 app giftcard for getting the focus flash, and now I was just wondering that if I started buying apps now, on the online site, if i'd be able to redownload them onto the 900 when i get it.

Thanks,
Alteran.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why not Alteran195, as long as you intend to use the same Live ID on your Lumia 900 as you are using to make your purchases now. :)

I redownloaded all my previous purchases I made using my Samsung Omnia 7 onto my new HTC Titan using the same Live ID :)

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you do it right on the phone? I know its probably a stupid question, but i didnt really have a chance to try to since i didnt spend to much time with the phone.

Thanks,
Alteran195

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can either buy apps on the phone or online, if that's what you mean Alteran195.

I'm not sure how the $25 voucher works, it was never made available outside of the US.

I'm sure someone who has used the voucher will be along shortly to assist.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy the apps online, and then when i got the phone, would i be able to just re-download them right on the device? If you buy an app is there a "reinstall" button in the marketplace on the phone i can just tap?

Thanks,
Alteran

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can either hit 'buy' again on the phone and it will know you previously purchased before, and ask if you'd like to download and reinstall again. (Providing you use the same Live ID as you purchased the apps on, with your new phone)

Sorry wasn't quite sure what you meant Alteran195. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You're very welcome Alteran195.

Oh no, we like to leave threads for everyone to read. :D

Everyone here on the WPCentral forums are very nosey you see. :lol:

Don't tell them I said that though. ;)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd buy the apps online, and then when i got the phone, would i be able to just re-download them right on the device? If you buy an app is there a "reinstall" button in the marketplace on the phone i can just tap?

Thanks,
Alteran

If using your phone to redownload, select Buy, and a message will pop up saying you've previously purchased the app, and asking you if you want to download it again. As previously mentioned, you have to use the same Live Account as for your old device, as that's what your purchases are tied to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos