Problem downloading apps.. getting error 80004003?

fdesa12

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new here and couldn't find the appropriate place to post this kind of problem so I thought I'd start here.

So to begin, I got the Nokia Lumia 710 from T-Mobile last week and everything was fine regarding how everything functions. I got the Zune software up to date, and my phone is up to date as well.

It wasn't until maybe 2-3 days ago that I ran into problems trying to download/update applications using my WiFi. I keep getting "There is a problem completing your request. Try again later. Error code: 80004003".

Downloading apps work fine on 4G, but not on my WiFi. In some cases, my facebook news via People doesn't want to update on my WiFi either. There doesn't seem to be a problem with my brother's WiFi connection (though he's using a Galaxy S2).

Now I tried hard-resetting the phone, setting up my WiFi network connection first before adding my Windows Live ID, pretty much whatever solution I can find on google. Answers/microsoft.com hasn't been working at all for me. I don't know if the website is down or not... getting a "connection has timed out" notice when trying to access anything on that site.

Now, I went back to the dealer today to pick up some stuff for my phone and asked her about the WiFi problem. She connected my phone to her WiFi and everything works as normal. On her WiFi, I could download apps normally with no problem at all.

If anyone's found a solution, please update me on how you achieved it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Seems confined to your wifi router, Bad channel maybe? Have you tried resetting your router by power if off and powering it back on?

What did you do to hard reset the phone? The reason I ask is because hard resetting means pulling the battery to some people.

Last edited:

fdesa12

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems confined to your wifi router, Bad channel maybe? Have you tried resetting your router by power if off and powering it back on?

What did you do to hard reset the phone? The reason I ask is because hard resetting means pulling the battery to some people.

Thanks for responding. I just tried resetting my router and it's a no go.

As for hard reset, I've been doing it through Settings > About > Hard Reset.
I just tried resetting by removing the battery, both while the phone was off, and while the phone was on. Still not working.

My Wifi channel is currently set to Automatic. InSSIDer 2.1 says I'm the only one using channel 6 in my area. The rest are 11's and a single 1. Not sure if this info cleared the channel problem.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Just FYI, though you didn't specify, pulling battery while phone is on is very bad for Windows Mobile and Windows Phones. WP is similar to its PC brothers where in it needs to shutdown properly.

fdesa12

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, though you didn't specify, pulling battery while phone is on is very bad for Windows Mobile and Windows Phones. WP is similar to its PC brothers where in it needs to shutdown properly.
>.< wish I had known...

I'm going to try hard resetting safely one last time. If that doesn't work and I can't find a viable solution, I think I'll just go back to the dealer this coming Sunday and see if I can exchange the phone. Not sure what else to do at this point.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I would reset the router a few more times. Unplug all cables, including power, and leave unplugged for 1 minute.

fdesa12

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I would reset the router a few more times. Unplug all cables, including power, and leave unplugged for 1 minute.

I'll give that a try in the morning. It's 11:49 pm for me but I'll update after resetting the router. Would it help if I pointed out that I have a Verizon router?

Edit/Update: I just tried unplugging the router completely (I should say I forgot to turn off the router before pulling the power jack out), and unplugged all the wires connecting to the router. Wasn't sure if it was necessary to do so, but I then held the reset button for 30sec - 1 minute.

Replugged everything back, and my WiFi now works like it did before, albeit a little slower but that could just be internet speed. No more error 80004003.

I am curious though what exactly caused the problem to begin with. I'm hoping I won't have to keep doing this if the error code comes back.

Anyway, Thanks Ninjaap for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the 80004003 error now when I attempt to download anything from the marketplace.

Get it on home router, work router, and 3G.

It's been happening the past 3 days. I can't update any apps.

pammypage

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
hi there,just wondered if you found a solution to your error code problem? I have just received error code 80048888 and cannot work out how to fix it. id be greatfull if you have any advise . im a complete novis . pammy x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720