- 02-05-2012, 09:37 PM #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and couldn't find the appropriate place to post this kind of problem so I thought I'd start here.
So to begin, I got the Nokia Lumia 710 from T-Mobile last week and everything was fine regarding how everything functions. I got the Zune software up to date, and my phone is up to date as well.
It wasn't until maybe 2-3 days ago that I ran into problems trying to download/update applications using my WiFi. I keep getting "There is a problem completing your request. Try again later. Error code: 80004003".
Downloading apps work fine on 4G, but not on my WiFi. In some cases, my facebook news via People doesn't want to update on my WiFi either. There doesn't seem to be a problem with my brother's WiFi connection (though he's using a Galaxy S2).
Now I tried hard-resetting the phone, setting up my WiFi network connection first before adding my Windows Live ID, pretty much whatever solution I can find on google. Answers/microsoft.com hasn't been working at all for me. I don't know if the website is down or not... getting a "connection has timed out" notice when trying to access anything on that site.
Now, I went back to the dealer today to pick up some stuff for my phone and asked her about the WiFi problem. She connected my phone to her WiFi and everything works as normal. On her WiFi, I could download apps normally with no problem at all.
If anyone's found a solution, please update me on how you achieved it.
- 02-05-2012, 10:00 PM #2
Seems confined to your wifi router, Bad channel maybe? Have you tried resetting your router by power if off and powering it back on?
What did you do to hard reset the phone? The reason I ask is because hard resetting means pulling the battery to some people.
Last edited by palandri; 02-05-2012 at 10:06 PM.
- 02-05-2012, 11:35 PM #3
As for hard reset, I've been doing it through Settings > About > Hard Reset.
I just tried resetting by removing the battery, both while the phone was off, and while the phone was on. Still not working.
My Wifi channel is currently set to Automatic. InSSIDer 2.1 says I'm the only one using channel 6 in my area. The rest are 11's and a single 1. Not sure if this info cleared the channel problem.
- 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM #4
- 02-06-2012, 01:08 AM #6
- 02-06-2012, 01:50 AM #8
Edit/Update: I just tried unplugging the router completely (I should say I forgot to turn off the router before pulling the power jack out), and unplugged all the wires connecting to the router. Wasn't sure if it was necessary to do so, but I then held the reset button for 30sec - 1 minute.
Replugged everything back, and my WiFi now works like it did before, albeit a little slower but that could just be internet speed. No more error 80004003.
I am curious though what exactly caused the problem to begin with. I'm hoping I won't have to keep doing this if the error code comes back.
Anyway, Thanks Ninjaap for the suggestion.
Last edited by fdesa12; 02-06-2012 at 04:14 PM.