Simple app to create custom tile for URL?

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded several custom tile making apps, and none do what I need. I'd like to add a tile to my start screen that links to html5.grooveshark.com and has a grooveshark logo as its graphic.

Anyone know of a simple app that can do this? I tried Pin To Start, and that app just sucks all kinds of wind.

Thanks...

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Pinch and zoom into any part of the page (like the logo if it is on the page somewhere), and then select pin to start from the app bar, and it will use the current page image as the tile image.

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Pinch and zoom into any part of the page (like the logo if it is on the page somewhere), and then select pin to start from the app bar, and it will use the current page image as the tile image.

Thanks. I did try that, but it doesn't really work out for grooveshark mobile - no real logo or other decent graphic to zoom in on. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think Quick Tiles will do what you want. You can create custom tiles for various tasks, which you can pin to the start screen and point to any url. You can also customize the font and colours of the tile or add a background image from your library.

Here's a quick one I did using a note template (without the notes and just a link)

Last edited:

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I think Quick Tiles will do what you want. You can create custom tiles for various tasks, which you can pin to the start screen and point to any url. You can also customize the font and colours of the tile or add a background image from your library.

Here's a quick one I did using a note template (without the notes and just a link)
[URL=http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s360/Gorki247/th_temporary-3.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url] [URL=http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s360/Gorki247/th_temporary-2.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]

Hey - thanks. I'll try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon