Barclays Pingit, but not on WP!

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Barclays is launching a new money-sending service for smartphones here in the UK. The idea seems very intriguing; it basically allows people to send and receive cash through their mobile phones requiring only a phone number.

This sounds like something I would use once they open it up to customers of other banks; however there is a small problem. No Windows Phone app!

As usual, they're releasing it for iOS, Android and BlackBerry but are ignoring our favourite OS. I'm getting fed up with these big corporations ignoring us.

I would suggest that anyone who would like to try this out, email Barclays about a WP7 app or even send them a mail if you’re not interested.

Do you think this would be something you'd like to see?

Edit: I just realised that this should probably go in another forum, as it is technically not a marketplace app, so please move if appropriate.

Last edited:

bentheoandrews

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to download this too. Hopefully it'll come soon.
These big companies need to provide these apps for WP7 as they can afford the development costs then when the indy devs see them on board, they'll feel more confident in WP7 too. Not been using WP7 long but love it although fed up of trawling through so much tat on the marketplace to find a good app.

MrMHirst

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
WP is the best phone OS I?ve ever used as a dev and everyday user, i find it by far superior to every other OS, but yet hate the lack of good Apps =(

Its reasons like this that we have none, we need big companies to stop neglecting the Microsoft mobile OS platform, after all im almost certain that Microsoft had the first smartphone OS back in 2002 with Windows Mobile.

I was talking to my bank yesterday whilst sorting out accounts, she was the branches rep for PingIt and she said she?s going to be feeding back my view to the PingIt dep =)

One small step :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo