Weather App Live tile won't update

allmodcons

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have had an issue for the last few weeks in which neither my Accuweather, Weather channel nor Weather Bug apps will update their Live Tiles. The settings for the app and the phone itself are all set to allow it but the apps simply won't update the Live Tile unless I open the program. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Sometimes the background tasks reach their limit and they just stop updating allmodcons.

Pop into settings / applications / background tasks and see if they are set to on or off.

Try turning off any apps you have listed that you maybe don't need and try re enabling your weather apps if they are set to off.

Also just try turning off then back on again any live tile on / off settings in the apps.

Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling cures this problem too.

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral allmodcons. :)

allmodcons

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Sometimes the background tasks reach their limit and they just stop updating allmodcons.

Pop into settings / applications / background tasks and see if they are set to on or off.

Try turning off any apps you have listed that you maybe don't need and try re enabling your weather apps if they are set to off.

Also just try turning off then back on again any live tile on / off settings in the apps.

Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling cures this problem too.

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral allmodcons. :)
Cheers Wee Bear I have actually done everything you advised over the last week to try and repair the tiles but still no joy, I am wondering if it is just my handset (Chevron unlocked Samsung Focus S on AT&T) or if it is a larger issue.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear sorry to hear that allmodcons, not sure what else to suggest, usually one of the above methods works in getting the tiles working again.

Maybe someone else will pop in with a suggestion soon for you. :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Data disabled? Seems odd that multiple apps will not update. Any other apps that use background tasks updating?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
is it only your weather tile? I have posted a thread about a similar issue with my focus s. My issue was 3rd party live tiles. My weather tiles would update the weather, but not the location. My rss tiles wouldn't update the unread thread count in the background. I had to do a complete reset of the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3