Explain Facebook app vs. People hub

USP45

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess the title could include any social app that People Hub supports. e.g. Twitter.

Newbie here. We're still a WP/BlackBerry family (my wife has the BlackBerry) and one thing we're not getting is why one might use a dedicated social app. Isn't the whole point of WP People Hub that you get everything in one convenient place? And that you can post from one place?

Not trying to start an argument... just genuinely curious.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
People hub gives you status updates and photos from your contacts, as well as the ability to post your own updates as well as comments to others. It doesn't handle things like Facebook groups or events, so that would be an example of what you might need a separate app for.

I think People hub works great for what it does, which is keeping track of people and what they are up to, and I think including more of the secondary social network functionality would bog it down.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you want from your Mobile social App. I have not bothered to install any dedicated apps I simlply use the Me \ Picture and People hubs which is good enough for me.

I have used the Facebook app in the past and it certainly has more functionality but for on the move the built in functionality is sufficient, I can check in, chat, post pictures, tag and reply to other posts. More than enough for on the move. I do however regularly use my PC for some facebook time.

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have and use them both. Sometimes, I want to look up a particular person, or see everything in one stream - great for the People hub. Sometimes, I *just* want to catch up quickly on Twitter - perfect for the Twitter app. There are small things that the People hub doesn't catch, like who liked my photo on FB, but those are minor.

Regards,
Mike

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I look at the people hub, and me tile, as an easy way to access certain features on the run. If I want to quickly check in somewhere, or post a status, or reply to one, I can do it there. If I want to do more thorough browsing of facebook, twitter, etc I'll use an app.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
People - use for writing on the wall and quickly checking status updates
Me - use it for posting to facebook and twitter
Facebook app - I use it for notifications thats about it

IMO if your a FB power user do all ur powerhousing on a computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium