MLB At Bat 12

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I read a press release that it is being released today on iPhone/iPad and Andriod markets. Does anybody have any information on the schedule for a WP Marketplace release. I used MLB At Bat 11 last year and it was mostly a watered down version of the iPhone/Android version. It would great if this year we got the same version (live games).

Thanks.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
On the bottom of their page, it states "Coming Opening Day"

This is great news. I'll probably download it on my iOS devices tonight and then WP when it gets released. I'm wondering if they are referring to pre-season or that actual season. More than likely, the actual season, which is great.

MLB.com At Bat 12 | MLB.com: Mobile

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So, Opening Day tomorrow (disregard that whole Japanese series), and nothing yet. Anyone thinking this actually isn't coming in time?

DeeDubb

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited for this app. Really hoping for it to be up and running by the time Mets vs Braves 1pm start tomorrow. Love the thought of being able to watch a live game on my phone while at work. Anybody have last year's version and if so was it functional/dependable?

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited for this app. Really hoping for it to be up and running by the time Mets vs Braves 1pm start tomorrow. Love the thought of being able to watch a live game on my phone while at work. Anybody have last year's version and if so was it functional/dependable?

Sigh. Still no app. Really disappointed. I would have signed up for the premium service by now if the WP7 version were also available (assuming you get it free like with the other platforms).

Go Braves!

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
According to the mlb.com forums, yesterday was "Opening Night" and today is "Opening Day" which is when we should be expecting the app. I feel like it will be available a little bit later today, but I won't be surprised at all if it isn't.

Also, the moderator on that forum told me that the WP app will NOT be free with mlb.tv premium, which is a big reason why I went with premium in the first place...every time I ask why my $125 isn't as valuable as an iPhone or Android user's $125, my posts get deleted. I'm crossing my fingers that that moderator was just misinformed, or MLB will be losing my subscription...

Erikku

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is really unfortunate. This is the kind of thing that tarnishes WP7's image, especially to new subscribers. I can't think of a valid reason why it has been released on every major smartphone platform, yet we are sitting here blindly waiting. As someone that is on my second Windows Phone, I can deal with it. But if I was on the fence, this is the kind of thing that would cause me to jump ship to a platform who's app ecosystem is reliable.

Oh, yeah. Go Cubs.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly Suprised that Windows Phone 7 hasn't got their app yet. Disregarding the whole its not ios/Android deal, The Xbox just got MLB at Bat last week so it would be common sense to expect the mobile app to ready as well.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
4:42 PM

Reply to 13585.11

ForumAdmin

ForumAdmin Posted by host

It will be available later today. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I still dont see the app as of 12:00 PM EST. Was hoping to have it before the Yanks play this afternoon.

I will be quite annoyed if they charge for it. It should be free like the other OS versions since I purchased the MLB.tv premium subscription. The app was free on my Xbox. Come on MLB, please dont bleed your loyal customers dry.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I still dont see the app as of 12:00 PM EST. Was hoping to have it before the Yanks play this afternoon.

I will be quite annoyed if they charge for it. It should be free like the other OS versions since I purchased the MLB.tv premium subscription. The app was free on my Xbox. Come on MLB, please dont bleed your loyal customers dry.

I just noticed a disclaimer on their page:

"MLB.TV Premium is not available on Windows Phone 7 or Blackberry."

The forum administrator says we won't get the app for free because our versions don't support MLB.TV. What sense does it make to charge us for the app because we have LESS features??? I've about had it with MLB.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a disclaimer on their page:

"MLB.TV Premium is not available on Windows Phone 7 or Blackberry."

The forum administrator says we won't get the app for free because our versions don't support MLB.TV. What sense does it make to charge us for the app because we have LESS features??? I've about had it with MLB.
That is really annoying. MS needs to really do everything they can to get these high profile apps on the same level as their iOS and Android counterparts. They cant continue to release inferior apps that cost more money. I am certain this has more to do with MLB because they love to nickel and dime but MS should have thrown some money at this app.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
You know, in all honesty we can't keep blaming Microsoft for what these developers are doing with their apps. Yes it is their OS but as far as app features we have to go back to the devs on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720