Facebook messenger app

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Its from the Facebook app. Is it possible you could have accidentally tapped the pin button when viewing messages using the app.

jagendal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
But i have a problem, or more a question. I have the "new" Nokia Lumia 920 and Im getting starting to get pisst becouse every time i want to go to my messages in facebook, I have to go in to the facebook app to see my messages.
I dont get any notifications about new messages, nothing! So, would you in this thread be so kind to tell my how i can make my "facebook-message'ing" more usefull.

Thanks ;)

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
But i have a problem, or more a question. I have the "new" Nokia Lumia 920 and Im getting starting to get pisst becouse every time i want to go to my messages in facebook, I have to go in to the facebook app to see my messages.
I dont get any notifications about new messages, nothing! So, would you in this thread be so kind to tell my how i can make my "facebook-message'ing" more usefull.

Thanks ;)

Did you activate facebook chat in message setting...

Sahil Oberoi

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys..

I am also not able to recieve messages through the inbuilt fb chat service using Hotmail account..

Just got my phn updated..Still no incoming msgs..What to do??
Ane solutions???

graemem

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The "Use Facebook Chat" switch in the Windows Phone Messaging app is too unreliable in notifications that I am unable to rely on it. It's a real source of frustration for me.

I'm rarely made aware of new Facebook messages through the Messaging App, having to rely on the Windows Phone Facebook app, or just turning to my iPad, when I want to know if I have a message. So Problem 1) is that notifications don't work.

Problem 2) - when you launch Messaging, it doesn't pull down and 'sync' all the Facebook chats/messages. This is a bigger problem that Problem 1). Synchronization is how iOS Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps work. On launching the iOS app, all the messages sent and received since the app last run are synchronized. On launching the WP Messaging app, some of the messages are synchronized, not all.

Until notifications and synchronization are remedied, the Facebook Chat feature of the WP Messaging app is reliable only for transmitting messages (ie. sending), but not receiving.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
... , the Facebook Chat feature of the WP Messaging app is reliable only for transmitting messages (ie. sending), but not receiving.

I had this problem when my gf was using battery saver ("Batteryx2" app) in her android phone ... since we removed it, sending and receiving have been both OK .... we use integrated fb chat daily, so I have a good experience using fb chat and yes, we can rely on it

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem when my gf was using battery saver ("Batteryx2" app) in her android phone ... since we removed it, sending and receiving have been both OK .... we use integrated fb chat daily, so I have a good experience using fb chat and yes, we can rely on it

hi, that's an interesting idea, I'm using BatteryStatus, have You done any additional testing to confirm this? I really don't want to uninstall :p

edit: noticed it was an Android device... ;) bummer

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
On Topic: You should have actually accidentally tapped on to the Pin to Start button.

Off Topic: Those people saying "Power/Lock Button + Windows Key" to take a Screenshoot don't know sh*t.

That screenshot was taken from a WP7.5 (Mango) hence why SidMenon asked how He took the screenshot, since WP7.x doesn't have that feature.

He must have Developer Unlock or Root his phone and Installed a Homebrew App to take Screenshots. I know it, I did that with my Lumia 800. It was a pain in the *** to unlock it, but at least it was free (since I'm a student).

This must have been the App he used (guessing by the picture's name) [XAP] Screen Capturer v3 - use Camera key to get screenshot - xda-developers
I had that app too on my Lumia 800 which recently died :(

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have some questions for the "Facebook Messenger"-app. Are they thinking of syncing the messages sent from computer, to phone? Because now if I send a message from the browser on my PC, I have only the messages from my mate on the phone, but not the ones sent from me. And also they should make it possible to send pics in the "Message app" This must be the worst "app" on Windows Phone.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have some questions for the "Facebook Messenger"-app. Are they thinking of syncing the messages sent from computer, to phone? Because now if I send a message from the browser on my PC, I have only the messages from my mate on the phone, but not the ones sent from me. And also they should make it possible to send pics in the "Message app" This must be the worst "app" on Windows Phone.

It does not work like on Android, where the app will get pushed messages real time. You need to refresh it. That's why is really crap as compared to versions for Android / iOS. Is really joke when using Facebook on Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb