This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree6Likes
  1. sr!
    sr! is offline
    sr!'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hey all, sometime back i had asked communities for webOS developer deCorvette about possible client for WP7. I just got a chance to read his private reply to me - yes he is working on it. Having seen his work on webOS (his tapatalk clients - "forums" for pre and "communities" for touchPad, i can assure you that you will be more than satisfied with the app. He is an amazing developer, and you just have to see a sample touchPad forums app to believe that. Here is my conversation -

    You can follow deCorvette on twitter @communities_WP
  2. happynoodleboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Good to hear. I never used communities when I had my touchpad but I had forums on my pre plus and loved it.

    Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
  3. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sr! View Post
    Hey all, sometime back i had asked communities for webOS developer deCorvette about possible client for WP7. I just got a chance to read his private reply to me - yes he is working on it. Having seen his work on webOS (his tapatalk clients - "forums" for pre and "communities" for touchPad, i can assure you that you will be more than satisfied with the app. He is an amazing developer, and you just have to see a sample touchPad forums app to believe that. Here is my conversation -

    You can follow deCorvette on twitter @communities_WP

    Glad to hear it! I'm ready to give it a try.
  4. kenzibit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Is the Tapatalk client not the the same as Board Express app on WP? Any differences?
  5. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    With tapatalk you can go to the last page of a thread and back to the first page without having to go to each page. You can also post pictures through tapatalk. I have trouble viewing pictures that I didn't on tapatalk. Overall tapatalk is a smoother experience.

    Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
  6. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Looking forward to giving it a try. :)
  7. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    With tapatalk you can go to the last page of a thread and back to the first page without having to go to each page. You can also post pictures through tapatalk. I have trouble viewing pictures that I didn't on tapatalk. Overall tapatalk is a smoother experience.

    Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    That would be amazing. I typically stop looking at threads when they have reached 20+ posts. Too much work trying to find the last post. And uploading pictures would be nice. Actually, just being able to view them would be a plus.

    Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
  8. btbam91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    902 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    On board express you can jump to the last page by clicking the numbers on the top right corner.
  9. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,043 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    That's excellent news. I'm very familiar with deCorvette's apps from webOS. He does a very good job.
  10. sr!
    sr! is offline
    sr!'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    I have the official tapatalk client on my current iPhone that i'm ditching soon. and i have communities (a tapatalk client) by deCorevette on my touchPad. All i can say is the communities blows my mind. I dont even want the official tapatalk client. i'm sure you will love the new app when it comes out.

    Follow him on twitter if you want the updates @communities_WP is his handle.
  11. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    On board express you can jump to the last page by clicking the numbers on the top right corner.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.

    Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
  12. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sr! View Post
    I have the official tapatalk client on my current iPhone that i'm ditching soon. and i have communities (a tapatalk client) by deCorevette on my touchPad. All i can say is the communities blows my mind. I dont even want the official tapatalk client. i'm sure you will love the new app when it comes out.



    Follow him on twitter if you want the updates @communities_WP is his handle.
    Awesome! I can't wait.

    Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
  13. Nichol140's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express.
  14. steve70's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Looking forward for alternatives. Can't wait to try or buy.
  15. fguitar666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    That's excellent news! looking forward! :)



    ____________
    gtx 590 review
  16. paradiseware.com's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Used Communities on my Touchpad and Forums on Palm Pre. UI on TP is very good. I'll be trying Communities on my Lumia!

    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
  17. deadwrong03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    thank you because board express sucks looking forward to this
  18. Michael Alan Goff's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,070 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,286 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Any news on this?

    Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
  19. deadwrong03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Hopefully it releases soon board express is not cuttin it for me

    Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    steve70 likes this.
  20. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    I've been asking for this almost a month or two after using the client we are forced to use now (I won't even mention their name any more).
  21. eastbayrae's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    360 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    Hopefully it releases soon board express is not cuttin it for me

    Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    This.

    BE is incredibly slow and hangs way to much. I used it for a day and un-installed it.
  22. btbam91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    902 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    It acts funny.
  23. EveryApp Mobile's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    There is another tapatalk client in development for Windows Phone. I'm developing it and I can say that there won't be performance problems like in board express. It will be much smoother and fluid.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
  24. btbam91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    902 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by EveryApp Mobile View Post
    There is another tapatalk client in development for Windows Phone. I'm developing it and I can say that there won't be performance problems like in board express. It will be much smoother and fluid.
    Will definitely give it a try!
  25. XBWillem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Sounds good! I think BoardExpress is decent, but there's much room for improvement. That app isn't streamlined at all. I hope Communities will do this a lot better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions