App to clear Fast App Switching list

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Some may refer to this as "Closing open programs" but I know that is not what it would do.

Basically, I was looking for something that would open 5 dummy apps to clear out the apps that are on my list with something new. The reason I am asking if there is such a thing is because I have a game that has been discontinued and removed from the marketplace (Starwars: Battle for Hoth) and if I forget that I recently played that game and enter into fast app mode, it completely clears my game save and I have to start all over. It has done this to me twice now over the last couple of months. AHHHH!!!

I know the app will never be updated for mango because it is completely removed, so currently my only option is to open my mail, SMS, Me hub, People hub, and Phone. It'd be handy to just have one to click if someone knows of something out there.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
to *close* an app witch isnt really open to begin with lol.

open it , click and hold the back button.

Yea...thanks for the response, but you didn't really read the post, did ya :(

1) I know you can't close it, I said that
2) If I hold the back button while it was one of the last 5 (including current) items...it erases the game data, I also said that.

It is a small problem, only with older apps that have not / will never be updated to mango. I do realize that... I cannot just tap back enough times to get out of it either, the game just cycles you back into a map/level (a fault of the app, but again, probably why they just deleted the game instead of paying again for the Starwars license.)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hmmm im not sure i understand.

I still have the game so i tried to do what your talking about.

I had it as the 5th app , when I click on it to re-open it it just CRASHED. tryed it a second time and it dint crash... soooooo im not sure.

is that what you mean????

just re-open it from the XBOX HUB and click on *resume*. Your save game should be there!!! mine was at lease.

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I still have the game so i tried to do what your talking about.

I had it as the 5th app , when I click on it to re-open it it just CRASHED. tryed it a second time and it dint crash... soooooo im not sure.

is that what you mean????

just re-open it from the XBOX HUB and click on *resume*. Your save game should be there!!! mine was at lease.

The reason I have this whole train of thought is because I was downloading a Gas Mileage app, and a bunch of the reviews said when you fast app changed back into the app that it would remove all your information about your car, every time! That is the same thing happening to me on this game and Flowerz.

When I have done it, it was weird in that it let me continue on the single level that I was playing...but the SELECT LEVEL becomes grayed out because it thinks I haven't beaten anything... So yes, the last time it happened to me I could still continue the one level I was on but I could not play any other ones. As soon as I beat that last level, the RESUME went gray and the SELECT LEVEL was still gray.

BUT, I found a way around it for now...if I turn the phone off and back on, the game goes back to the main menu instead of the in level menu. From there I can just tap the back button once and close out the game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre