Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crystal2u
  1. FiveInFlight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
       #1  
    Hi, just got my Lumia 900 today and I was anxious to try out Nokia Drive and Maps, but I'm not seeing it in the Marketplace. In fact when I preform a search for "Nokia Drive" the only result is a program called Ganji-Lfie and it's in Chinese...

    Am I missing something here? I thought it was even supposed to be preloaded on the L900. Any thoughts?
  2. FiveInFlight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
       #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInFlight View Post
    Hi, just got my Lumia 900 today and I was anxious to try out Nokia Drive and Maps, but I'm not seeing it in the Marketplace. In fact when I preform a search for "Nokia Drive" the only result is a program called Ganji-Lfie and it's in Chinese...

    Am I missing something here? I thought it was even supposed to be preloaded on the L900. Any thoughts?
    Ha, turns out I was missing something. To get to any of the apps in the Nokia Collection you have to go through All Apps to Categories and then Nokia Collection. Strange you can't search for these on their own. Anyway, problem solved.
  3. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,092 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInFlight View Post
    Hi, just got my Lumia 900 today and I was anxious to try out Nokia Drive and Maps, but I'm not seeing it in the Marketplace. In fact when I preform a search for "Nokia Drive" the only result is a program called Ganji-Lfie and it's in Chinese...

    Am I missing something here? I thought it was even supposed to be preloaded on the L900. Any thoughts?
    It's not supposed to be preloaded, but did you try tapping on the "Nokia Collection" in the marketplace?
  4. phazer89's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInFlight View Post
    Ha, turns out I was missing something. To get to any of the apps in the Nokia Collection you have to go through All Apps to Categories and then Nokia Collection. Strange you can't search for these on their own. Anyway, problem solved.
    Nokia Collection should be on the first menu when you enter Marketplace. From what I've seen in reviews all the apps should be viewable from there as well. And searching directly should work, at least it works for me. :/
  5. M3Armand's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInFlight View Post
    Ha, turns out I was missing something. To get to any of the apps in the Nokia Collection you have to go through All Apps to Categories and then Nokia Collection. Strange you can't search for these on their own. Anyway, problem solved.
    Ummm.... some help... I go to Marketplace, I only see:

    AT&T Featured
    apps
    games
    music
    podcasts

    When I click "apps" to get to "categories" as you wrote above, I can't see "Nokia Collection".... Got any ideas?
  6. crystal2u's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #6  
    I have the same issue here. I can't see any Nokia apps. Can someone help?:@
    tobygwinn likes this.
  7. trembli0s's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #7  
    I was having this issue as well yesterday.

    For some reason some ATT phones don't have automatic access to the Nokia Collection off the bat. What I did was go into Settings -> About -> Reset my phone.

    It will factory reset your phone and then when you go to the Marketplace the first two categories will be AT&T Featured and Nokia Collection will be right under it.

    Hope that helps.:D
  8. Varma D's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #8  
    I don't have AT&T featured either!!



    Quote Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
    Ummm.... some help... I go to Marketplace, I only see:

    AT&T Featured
    apps
    games
    music
    podcasts

    When I click "apps" to get to "categories" as you wrote above, I can't see "Nokia Collection".... Got any ideas?
  9. #9  
    Those who can't see carrier specific or OEM specific apps, the trick is:

    Log in to your marketplace ID, restart and then go to marketplace using Wifi.

    The first time Live Id needs to say 'hi' to the marketplace and marketplace will sniff it to be certain OEM/carrier specific. On 3g/4g it might take time to realise and in a couple of hours you might see that section in marketplace. Sometimes using wifi it speeds up.

    Mostly you WON'T need a factory reset. The only reason factory reset seems to help is because you might get lucky on your boot after that.
  10. ttanmana's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #10  
    I had the same problem with brand new ATT Lumia 900 white. Spent some time trying all suggestion you gave, didn't work. Found out that they have move Nokia Map and Nokia Drive under "TRAVEL + NAVIGATION", sub menu of the All App -> catagories in the Market Place. Enjoy..:lol:
  11. ttanmana's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #11  
    Oh forgot to mention one more detail, here's the full link
    Market Place -> Apps -> Categories -> Travel + Navigation -> Free
  12. ttanmana's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #12  
    Now, this is really weird. After 7~8 mins going through the Market Place menu (without installing any Nokia's App), Nokia collection menu magically appear at the first screen of Market Place screen.
  13. fekiZaba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's not supposed to be preloaded, but did you try tapping on the "Nokia Collection" in the marketplace?
    Itryed everything :(( I don't now how to fix this., Marketplace shows only APPS and GAMES, nothing else., please if U now how to fix this, help me, tnx.
  14. Cosmin M's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #14  
    same problem here, resolved by 1.reset 2. change time zone to dublin.london. 3. select "not now" when asking to sign in 4. connect to wifi 5. restart your phone 6. check nokia collection.

    I hope this works for you!

Posting Permissions