Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I've got a question: is there any way to get SkyDrive, uploading and syncing all working together?

When I sync from PC with Live Mesh, I can't access those files on my phone. When I upload from my phone, files are put into folders that can't be "synced down" from SkyDrive to my PC. It's a bit rubbish; I'd like to get it working like Apple does (never thought I'd say that). I want to upload stuff from my phone, then have it sync right down to my PC, and vice versa.

I haven't tried it with anything else yet but I'm about 100% sure that OneNote Mobile has this functionality.

Sent a note from my phone that was automatically sent to SkyDrive. From my PC I edited the Note by adding a final line and that appeared on my phone.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    OneNote syncs seamlessly. But Live Mesh uses a different area of SkyDrive that WP does not access. Word is that Live Mesh is going away and SkyDrive is being enhanced. So we will have to be patient.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
  4.    #4  
    Hopefully. I'd really like to be able to upload something from my phone, then have it drop straight down to my PC when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    OneNote syncs seamlessly. But Live Mesh uses a different area of SkyDrive that WP does not access. Word is that Live Mesh is going away and SkyDrive is being enhanced. So we will have to be patient.

You can still acess the shared space from Live Mesh through devices.live.com

I personally use GoodSync (GoodSync: File Synchronization Software, File Backup, File Sync) to sync all my Documents/Images/Videos/Music with Skydrive, so I can acess them anywhere. (Just be sure not to synchronize OneNote notebooks, exclude them from sync)

But as Jimski said, Windows 8 will bring various improvements to Skydrive. For an official way to sync with Skydrive, we have to wait a little.

I spent about half an hour yesterday with a Windows Phone rep in an ATT store re: this issue. She said she was sure that you should be able to access synced folders via mobile on Skydrive. She spent a lot of time on the phone with their own tech support, to no avail.

It looks like synced folders can't be accessed via mobile, which - honestly - puts Skydrive far behind google docs, dropbox, box, etc. Hoping this changes.

Think there should be a desktop client around the corner that will address this. No really time frame on that yet though.