Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

I thought there was an Audible app rumored to be out today. I guess not. Has anyone heard how the beta is doing?

dont know where it is, I have been checking all morning. Is there a certian time of day that things generally get added to the marketplace?

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for this too.

I didn't hear the rumor that it would be out today, but I had heard it would be out last March (obviously it wasn't).

The rumor that it was coming out today was pretty vague, and that was un-verified from a Tweet from Paul Thurrott of winsupersite.com:

https://twitter.com/#!/thurrott/stat...13483699367936

I'm excited for the app...I'm still hoping that maybe it'll be released later today? Though I would've thought there'd be more hoopla about it, and there's no mention of it on winsupersite. :(

This is brutal :( I want it so bad

Quote Originally Posted by bredbu View Post
    This is brutal :( I want it so bad
    Checked again this morning :'o( Still no Audible app, but there is a nice facebook app update. I think I'm close to getting my wife to switch to WP from iPhone. She's a Facebook and Pinerest junky. WP has really nice apps for both. Im not a big Pinerest fan, but Pinsation app is killing iPhones app.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I hope it gets here this week because it is one of my top apps that I used my iPhone for. I love listening to books at the gym.

I actually bought an android phone yesterday because I am so sick of waiting it was probably rash but I just keep hearing it is coming then it doesn't show up. I figure maybe I will come back to win phone with wp8

For all of us waiting on the Audible.com app, bad news: no indication that it's happening this week, or even soon! :(

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...date-142930#/0

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I might return my Lumia then. I like the phone but I need an Audible app.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Patience people. Its coming, and very soon. If you want to return a phone because you'll have to wait a couple days for an Audible app, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by dtboos View Post
    Patience people. Its coming, and very soon. If you want to return a phone because you'll have to wait a couple days for an Audible app, be my guest.
    they have been saying its coming soon for quite a while. do you have any hard date's or facts?

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtboos View Post
    When is it coming? The latest report is that it isn't coming soon. I don't mind waiting a few days but I have to return my phone by May 9th and one of the reasons I picked up Windows Phone is due to the upcoming audible app.

Its coming. The report I read a month ago or so on WP news app state the app is in beta. Its kind of BS that a great platform is getting trashed cause it can't get dev support.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    But when is it coming? I'm not going to leave the platform, because of its absence (I knew it wasn't available when I came to WP7), but it is very frustrating to have to wait and wait and wait, only to get our hopes up with rumored dates that come and go with no announcement.

I did get an email today stating it should be arriving in two weeks. I really don't know if it's an generic email or not. Maybe others can confirm if it is or not.

Dear Audible Listener,

Thank you for contacting Audible!

I understand you would like to know when the Audible Audible for Windows Phone will be released. I would be happy to assist.

After receiving numerous requests from Windows Phone users, we are excited to say that an application is actively being developed. While we cannot yet comment on its exact release date but it should be available for download within 2 weeks, we are confident you will love being able to use Audible with Windows Phone. When the application is complete, we will be announcing it on our website, newsletter, and social media channels.

Thanks for your interest in using Audible with Windows Phone. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    Sade F

Audible Customer Support

Thank you for your inquiry. As a valued customer, your experience is important to us. We invite you to answer the question below regarding your Customer Care experience.

Your feedback will help us better serve your future needs.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by apoc View Post
    i did get an email today stating it should be arriving in two weeks. I really don't know if it's an generic email or not. Maybe others can confirm if it is or not.

Dear audible listener,

thank you for contacting audible!

I understand you would like to know when the audible audible for windows phone will be released. I would be happy to assist.

After receiving numerous requests from windows phone users, we are excited to say that an application is actively being developed. While we cannot yet comment on its exact release date but it should be available for download within 2 weeks, we are confident you will love being able to use audible with windows phone. When the application is complete, we will be announcing it on our website, newsletter, and social media channels.

Thanks for your interest in using audible with windows phone. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    sade f

audible customer support

thank you for your inquiry. As a valued customer, your experience is important to us. We invite you to answer the question below regarding your customer care experience.

Your feedback will help us better serve your future needs.

awesome!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else receive any emails from them before? Like a month or two ago? I just want to make sure it's not a generic email they are still sending out to everyone, waiting for their app. Told them in my email, as soon as they release the app, I will renew my membership, I just don't have any plans on using Android or iOS anymore(nothing wrong with either, just really like WP OS)

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Has anyone else receive any emails from them before? Like a month or two ago? I just want to make sure it's not a generic email they are still sending out to everyone, waiting for their app. Told them in my email, as soon as they release the app, I will renew my membership, I just don't have any plans on using Android or iOS anymore(nothing wrong with either, just really like WP OS)
    I got one from them about 6 weeks or so ago, which was an almost verbatim copy the above, except it said nothing of the two weeks.
    Thanked by:
    Apoc 

Quote Originally Posted by Bpgar View Post
    I got one from them about 6 weeks or so ago, which was an almost verbatim copy the above, except it said nothing of the two weeks.
    Ok, then this really is good news(trying not to run down the hall and cut backflips, just in case someone else say otherwise). Maybe they are finally starting to get really close to release. I really thought for sure it was going to be released at the same time with the Lumia 900, but maybe(hoping anyway), they really are trying to take full advantage of Mango and have it being one of the best apps of all time!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I received the following email from Audible on 4/16. No mention of a 2 week timeframe in mine. Looks like yours is definitely updated info.

Thank you for contacting Audible!

I understand that you are inquiring about updates on Audible with Windows Phone. At this time we do not have a released date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

When the application is complete, we will be announcing it on our website, newsletter, social media channels, and you will be notified.

Thanks for your interest in using Audible with Windows Phone. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    Carol A.

Audible Customer Support

Don't know if this has been posted in this thread but.. screenshot from the Audible (private) beta can be found here: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...enshots-142577
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by apoelin View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted in this thread but.. screenshot from the Audible (private) beta can be found here: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...enshots-142577
    Awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr2gud2u View Post
    Awesome!!!!
    Glad I could help :) I remember reading another article recently that said that the beta app looked ready for release: fully functional, no bugs, etc. Hopefully it's close...

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Hey guys I have had the audible beta for a few weeks now. It runs really great I think the reason they have been holding off the release is because as of now they have still not implemented naration speeds and ability to download and listen to those daily downloads like the wsj and nyt. I am sure they really are just waiting to release until they have a complete product. I personally have been using as much lately because i normally listen to books at 2x and lacking this option I find is important to me. If any of you would like beta you will need dev unlocked phone to install beta as they give you a xap file to install for it. If you are not unlocked and you have any access to someone with a .edu email you can get yours unlocked for free very easily. I got mine unlocked by using my old college email that for some reason years later is still active
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast