How about a Bible app?

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you know about volume?

Well, cornering a market could be something. Do you happen to know how big that market might be - how many people use the Bible on their smartphone (any OS)? Did you see any download numbers of such apps?

What do you mean by "downloading Bibles"? Where would those come from, in which format?

shehjadi

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I use KJV Bible (Lite) and YouVersion on my Lumia 800.

afaik YouVersion is going to introduce the option of downloading Bibles in the near future..

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, the KJV or RSV is available, but if you want a more modern version like full NIV (yes, NT is in marketplace) or NLT or others, is is only available online.

Yeah, numbers is certainly a consideration for a developer. Don't know the numbers, but Laridian has a app for WebOS, so.....

I downloaded Bible7+ and it only gives you two English translations, but one is NIV. But maybe I'm missing something, but how do you return to a page to select a different book??? The only way I found was to exit the program and then open it back up again. Then it starts back at the beginning. :straight:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been through like 15 updates of youversion, each promising "downloadable versions for offline reading coming soon"... Somebody should remind them "thou shall not bear false testimony". :p

shehjadi

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
lolz.. well I mailed them few days back and the developer says that the feature is under works..

downloaded Bible7 last night.. haven't tried it yet though..

wpward291

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
youversion is the only app that im glad was on windows i will say that when i was on android it let you download for off line reading

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I use YouVersion...but it doesn't appear to allow you to download a translation like it did on my iPhone...maybe that's coming?

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have liked using Bible to Go, I don't know if you can get anything other than KJV, but I like it, and it has a good search ability.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Bible NASB is the best. Offers multiple translations, including KJV. Go to, search, offline mode, cross-references, etc.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
tweeted Olive Tree regarding a WP7 app and got this reply..

Sounds good.

YouVersion is good, but for WP, you can only access bibles while connected to a network. Other versions of YouVersion allow at least some downloadable bibles. OliveTree and Laridian both have many, many bibles and reference books, some which are free and some cost money and all are downloadable. Yes, as others have mentioned, there are some bible apps with downloads for WP, but they are limited to a couple of free versions. Hopefully some big company will step up and jump into WP.

coollc

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The best bible app for Windows 8, RT, and Windows Phone 8 is by far Cross Connect.
1) Uses offline bibles and so many languages.
2) You can create your own bible modules.
3) It reads the bible to you.
4) It translates your bible to any language.
5) Compare bible versions in as many windows as your device can support.
6) Great customer support even though the app is free.

I made my own modules such as NIV, NKJV, and many in Spanish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077