5 phones per live id -- how does it work?

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Owned total 7 windws phones. When trying to install pdf reader on my last one, Got an error message that says "exceeded 5 phones per windows live id". Was told to remove phones from zune. No where that opion can be found on Zune. Only option is "forget the phone" when phone is connected to the computer. How to delink a phone that I do not have from my live id? Microsoft, why so hard to do things?

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
All you need to do is go to windowsphone.com, then sign-in with your LIVE ID. Once logged in, go to your name in the upper right area and from the drop down menu, select 'Account'.

Once you're on the Account page, on the left side should be a listing with all of your different Windows Phones with options underneath them saying 'Remove this phone'.

I've had 3 different Windows Phones and have managed them all via windowsphone.com. You can also track them, reinstall apps, etc. from the site.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. It was the place I tried as well. Only three phones listed. Still not allowed to install apps on the new one. will try to reset the phone.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. It was the place I tried as well. Only three phones listed. Still not allowed to install apps on the new one. will try to reset the phone.

HOLD ON, why don't you remove all phones from the account and start adding them again starting from the new one...before you reset (if only it doesn't work)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon