Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 98
Like Tree5Likes
  1. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ever since the last update, this app has been messed up for me
    I cannot quote with it or download pictures from a post. I also cannot access their website, anyone know what is going on?

    Thanks much. :)

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
  2. #2  
    It's a bug in the update that the developer needs to fix.

    I wish I hadn't updated. This app is such a buggy piece of junk.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  3. #3  
    Email to contact developer is info@board-express.com.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  4. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    #4  
    I can't wait for one of these other tapatalk apps to come out! Board express is so buggy and not full featured.

    Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
  5. #5  
    I also gave Board Express a one-star rating and a bad review.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  6. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #6  
    Thank you both. I gave a 1 star as well. I will email the dev as well. I do hope something happens soon, I am so spoilt by Tapatalk from my android days.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
  7. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #7  
    I accidentally hit the "update all button" when my fingers was going across the screen to update two apps. I can't remember the last time I used the app any ways.

    Every one who updated has this issue?

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  8. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #8  
    Fastest reply I ever got from a dev :)

    "Hi xxxxxxx

    Indeed there went something wrong with the last update. Our system did mess the version up while submitting them to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft didnt notice this, even though its very obvious and we had to wait 6 days for the approval.
    We did fix and resubmit an update within 1 hour after the last update was available in the marketplace. Unfortunately, we are now waiting since then (about a week) for Microsoft to approve this...

    Sorry for that, unfortunately we cannot accelerate this very, very slow process over at Microsoft...

    Kind Regards

    Sven Rutten"



    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
  9. #9  
    Given the history of bugs in Board Express from a forum search I did, I will let other people do the updates the next time and wait until I see if there are bugs before I choose to update in the future.

    Board Express seems to be one of those apps that has a long history of bugs.
  10. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #10  
    I agree, I am not jumping into upgrades the next time.

    I got another reply from a different person.

    "Hi,

    apologies for the inconvenience caused. Fix is already done and submitted to Microsoft. Now it's up to them to approve it to the marketplace. But we're positive to see it online within the next week.

    Yves Jeanrenaud"

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
  11. budney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #11  
    So glad I didn't update. MS needs to streamline the approval process, a week for a fix is not good for the dev or MS. :(

    Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    "Don't feed the trolls!"
  12. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #12  
    If no one jumps on the updates, we may never know if they're good! :D

    Come on guys, be beta testers! :lol:

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  13. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    So glad I didn't update. MS needs to streamline the approval process, a week for a fix is not good for the dev or MS. :(

    Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    I had a similar or worse experience with BlogPress on my iPad, the update broke it took 6 weeks to get the fix approved. I certainly hope MS doesn't take that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    If no one jumps on the updates, we may never know if they're good! :D

    Come on guys, be beta testers! :lol:
    Go right ahead. Lol :P
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    If no one jumps on the updates, we may never know if they're good! :D

    Come on guys, be beta testers! :lol:
    I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if there was something similar to BlackBerry beta zone. I tested lots of stuff there when I used a BlackBerry. If the beta apps didn't work, it was easy enough to downgrade to an older version that did work.

    Microsoft needs to allow users to downgrade their apps to previous versions if updates break something.
    Thanked by:
  15. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if there was something similar to BlackBerry beta zone. I tested lots of stuff there when I used a BlackBerry. If the beta apps didn't work, it was easy enough to downgrade to an older version that did work.

    Microsoft needs to allow users to downgrade their apps to previous versions if updates break something.
    That would be awesome if they did.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  16. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I had a similar or worse experience with BlogPress on my iPad, the update broke it took 6 weeks to get the fix approved. I certainly hope MS doesn't take that route.Go right ahead. Lol :P
    after you...

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  17. EveryApp Mobile's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    #17  
    Don't worry guys, I mentioned I am working on a tapatalk based client called "My Forums".

    There will also probably be another application based on tapatalk that will appear on WP.

    Also, let's just say I got a peek into how BoardExpress looks "inside" and I can see why there are sooo many bugs :lol:


    However, what I can tell you is that the tapatalk based system I built is extremely stable and efficient ( I'm not just saying it for kicks either). Just keep a look out for "My Forums". It is unlikely that any other client will be as stable and efficient.
    budney and AngryNil like this.
  18. EveryApp Mobile's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    #18  
    Also, go ahead and sign up to the mailing list for "My Forums". Users who subscribe to the list will get get access to a beta version for testing when it's ready for testing.


    Subscribe to our Newsletters
    Thanked by:
  19. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #19  
    I don't see any bright future for Board Express, it's sucked from V1 and has never gotten to anywhere close to competent. I dearly hope Microsoft throws a few millions towards Tapatalk for a real client.

    I fear it will never be anything other than a shoddy stopgap. Apologies to the developer, but it looks bad and works bad, and despite poor ratings / high popularity you have done nothing to remedy its weaknesses.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by EveryApp Mobile View Post
    Also, go ahead and sign up to the mailing list for "My Forums". Users who subscribe to the list will get get access to a beta version for testing when it's ready for testing.


    Subscribe to our Newsletters
    Thank you! :)

    I was probably on your list when I used BlackBerry.

    I know you from the Crackberry forums, and can vouch for you being a good developer.
  21. charlyee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
       #21  
    @EveryApp Mobile. Thank you :)

    Just signed up.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
  22. shamelin73's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #22  
    WUT?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  23. btbam91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    850 Posts
    #23  
    Can't wait for another tapatalk client!
  24. theomodsim's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #24  
    Has anyone else noticed that whenever Board Express is open and the phone goes to sleep, the battery drains very quickly? It seems that the app is doing some background processing and draining the battery.
  25. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Fastest reply I ever got from a dev :)

    "Hi xxxxxxx

    Indeed there went something wrong with the last update. Our system did mess the version up while submitting them to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft didnt notice this, even though its very obvious and we had to wait 6 days for the approval.
    We did fix and resubmit an update within 1 hour after the last update was available in the marketplace. Unfortunately, we are now waiting since then (about a week) for Microsoft to approve this...

    Sorry for that, unfortunately we cannot accelerate this very, very slow process over at Microsoft...

    Kind Regards

    Sven Rutten"



    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I like how they try to blame MS for it. I get that it's probably frustrating that approval takes so long, but come on now. It's not their job to keep track of your builds.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions