Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which of these News Apps do you use?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA Today

4 33.33%
  • Pulse

2 16.67%
  • Weave

5 41.67%
  • WSJ Live

2 16.67%
  • The Daily Beast

2 16.67%
  • Time Mobile

3 25.00%
  • The one I use is not listed, I will post it below

2 16.67%
  • I don't read the news, but I know who won Dancing with the Stars

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steve_w_7

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    I just wanted to see what news apps you all like the best. I have been trying to narrow these down to two or so, but I have having a difficult time selecting which two. I wish I could take bits and pieces from each one. I am currently leaning towards keeping USA Today and The Daily Beast.

I currently have:

USA Today
    Pulse
    Weave
    WSJ Live
    The Daily Beast
    Time Mobile

I also have WP7 News, Engadget, and WP Central, but I want to keep those as separate apps.

Any input, thoughs what and whys are welcome.
    I'm waiting for an official BBC News app but currently I just use their metro styled mobile site. I'm not sure of the layout (or content) of the international one is (its certainly unbiased) but the UK is typically the best source for news.

The best way that I have found to get news on WP is to follow several news sources that you're interested in on Twitter. You'll get headlines fed to you all day long via "What's new" in the People Hub.
    scottcraft likes this.

Global Posts
    32,427 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I don't use any of those. I get my news by subscribing to feeds from Google Reader, and I have the Reader2Go app on my L900.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_w_7 View Post
    The best way that I have found to get news on WP is to follow several news sources that you're interested in on Twitter. You'll get headlines fed to you all day long via "What's new" in the People Hub.
    Thanks for the idea, but I don't use twitter or facebook. I have read a few twitter posts from news stories or online before and sometimes they are difficult to understand what they are saying. :)

Global Posts
    2,571 Global Posts
    i use all but weave and pulse....don't like aggregators.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I use USA Today, Weave, Time Mobile and WSJ Live, but I also use News360 and AP Mobile.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    i use all but weave and pulse....don't like aggregators.
    Yeah, I dont think I like aggeragators either. It's nice to see different stories from numerous sources, but I don't like that the entire article/story does not load. I have to click on the "read more" or similar button to get the rest of the article.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    I use USA Today, Weave, Time Mobile and WSJ Live, but I also use News360 and AP Mobile.
    Thanks scottcraft...I didn't realize News 360 was on WP, and I was not aware of AP Mobile, now you have added two more I have to try out.

Use the 'unofficial' BBC News Mobile app. Live tile, notifications and shows all the feeds I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_w_7 View Post
    Exactly what I do. I keep a few of them pinned to the start screen, as well.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    don't read the news, but I know who won Dancing with the Stars!

lol :giggle:

I actually dont follow the news any more unless its related to the mobile world or the end of the world.. lol

I use to use the NOW app from Samsung to read up on the WARs/Civil wars around the world.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

BBC News, WP Central, Engadget, and Weave, although Weave is usually left in the dark (not pinned) due to the absent live tile...
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"