Nokia Play To

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys seen this on the UK marketplace yesterday not sure if anyone else has seen/used it as I haven't seen it mentioned.

Just wondered if anyone has this working and if anyone could help me get it linked up with my PC.

Thanks Zee

Testement#WN

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used it to stream video from my phone to my Samsung tv and it works pretty well.
But do you wanna stream from your phone to your pc??
Not to sure if you can and can't try it since I've got a Mac.

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. Surprised I was the first to mention it. I'm usually the last in my circles to know anything lol.

Yeah I was wondering if there was software I could do that with or something like that.

Also just thought does the connection work the other way too? I.e. Streaming pc to phone?

Testement#WN

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work the other way round (from pc to phone) cause the phone doesn't have the ability to scan for dlna devices. Maybe someone will do any app cause I'd guess it's software not hardware.
And there should be software to stream video to your pc from your phone but can't see the use cause you can just sync your phone to your pc and move the file across and watch it.

zeekhan786

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Good point and thanks for the reply. Hope someone does come up with the app.

for arguments sake though what if I wanted to stream to a different pc at my mates house. Syncing wouldn't be ideal here because of that silly reserved space problem when you sync with two different PCs.

Testement#WN

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the main reason it's not common place is because most video and the like is mostly downloaded on a pc first then put on other devices, but with most phones doing HD recording these days I'm shocked it's not built into ever pc.
I think the reason for the app is to play or show your content on things like smart tv's, PS3's and blu-ray players cause it seems the whole networking thing is the future (I've been told lol)

Last edited:

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
So will this stream to a Win7 pc?

I have my pc hooked up to my big screen tv, and the tv is not DLNA.. If I could stream to the PC I could watch it on the big screen..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got this to work with my Xbox 360 after a quick google search. I was hoping to stream from the crackle app, but you can only steam content that's on your phone

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Got this to work with my Xbox 360 after a quick google search. I was hoping to stream from the crackle app, but you can only steam content that's on your phone
How the heck did you do that. Been trying for a month. Are you gonna make me say please. Ok, please. Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, and Crackle is available on XBox. Watch it all the time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
First you have to get the xbox extender to connect to your PC with media center. Then fire up Nokia play to, and it'll see your Xbox.

D'oh didn't know Crackle was on Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos