Video Editing App?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Lately I've seen a plethora of camera apps and photo editing apps, but I have yet to see an app for video editing be showcased. Not sure if this is because there is no video editing apps or the apps just suck that I can't find it in marketplace. Is there an app that allows you to do some simple video editing?

Cadwal

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about this. I currently have an iPhone and the more this tenuous partnership (between myself and Apple) has carried on, the more I see who the true villain of the Smartphone industry is. Regardless, I'm in the market for a new phone and I really like WP7 and the previews of WP8, but as a reporter I've become accustomed to filming, editing and releasing video straight from my phone. So far I haven't found a video editor either.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Why do we still have no video editing apps and such limited camera "lenses" or apps with WP8? Waiting for a quality HDR (multiple shots/blending exposures) app, a timelapse app that allows you to adjust shot settings and compiles into a video, a lens for macros, and a basic video editing app. Oh, and where is Photosynth?

aethicus

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree, a video editor like my iphone4 had would be great, I love the Lumia 920 and take a lot of videos, I do not care to have to move them to my PC, edit then share. I want to upload to Vimeo or other location all from one place.

anyone connected with Nokia? I would like to see an MS or Nokia produced set of apps like what apple is doing :)

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if there is a limitation? also, no true timelapse app. Apps that shoot timelpase shots, but nothing that compiles a video. The closest compiles an animated GIF, hardly the same thing.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
You think the OS doesn't allow for a video editing app?
I don't know, but I am wondering. Is there a reason that all of the photo apps are subpar and we have a complete absence of video apps? Even our best photo apps are nothing compared to the Android photo apps....and I am not talking about another apps with intagram-like filters. I mean honest apps like, ProShot. Photo and video seems like a huge, untapped market. What a shame.

y2bd

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, but I am wondering. Is there a reason that all of the photo apps are subpar and we have a complete absence of video apps? Even our best photo apps are nothing compared to the Android photo apps....and I am not talking about another apps with intagram-like filters. I mean honest apps like, ProShot. Photo and video seems like a huge, untapped market. What a shame.

That seems to be the problem with most WP apps. My thoughts are that seeing as there are little to no apps oj the store, people don't need to compete and therefore can get away with lackluster apps.

ProShot and CameraPro have some pretty terrible bugs and usability issues, yet we're buying them anyway because they're all we have.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

If you think about it, even ProShot and CameraPro, are kind of a joke. They expose all of the settings ajustments on the main screen. Then, when the picture is taken, they are clearly applying a sharpness filter. And that's about it. It's all very basic coding. I think that's why we don't see any serious video or photo apps yet, because everything we are seeing so far is just really simple code.

-E

skysharma

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
How DO you edit the videos (apparently these can only be mp4s) from your Windows Phone on your PC? I've been trying to use Movie Maker (which is supposed to support mp4s) but the videos won't play! Thanks in advance for your help!

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How DO you edit the videos (apparently these can only be mp4s) from your Windows Phone on your PC? I've been trying to use Movie Maker (which is supposed to support mp4s) but the videos won't play! Thanks in advance for your help!

I use Movie Maker - haven't had a problem. Then again, the more I think about it ..... I have set up automatic uploading over Wifi, and usually just go into my Skydrive account and edit the video that is saved to it. Most of the time, all I do is rotate and a few quick crops. Seems to work well.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So, after a little research it appears that the native vidoe codecss are locked down so develoeprs cannot use them on WP. That really stinks. If Microsoft wants to lock them down for security, it ought to either offer a video codec for develoeprs to use for apps or develop video editing app cabapbility that work natively. This means I will never be able to make a real timelapse with my WP. I could make awesome timelapse videos (not animated GIFs or photos to assemble on a PC) on my Android devices. This is a major flaw for WP.

stridley

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping this is something MS unlocks in Apollo plus. Surely they know they haven't given devs all tools they need to be as creative as possible. Only other hope is that Nokia create their own as they have the keys to the kingdom given to them with their deal with MS. Either way, very disappointing. I have to use my desktop to edit videos, very old school for on the go edits.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've written and tweeted both Microsoft and Nokia about this. They basically thanked me for my feedback and assured me they were doing everything they could to create the best possible user experience. In the meantime, I'm still stuck editing videos with stupid Movie Maker. If MS wants to lock this stuff down, they need to provide their own solution on the phone.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
For what it's worth, there's a (at the moment, VERY basic) video editor in the leaked builds of Windows 8 "Blue", so maybe that'll trickle down to the phone as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3