hotmail app or outlook app?

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
which one is better to use;
outlook email app
hotmail email app

i heard microsoft is giving up hotmail its all going to be outlook email (that will be working to gether with skype, facebook and other office products.?

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
It is not really giving up on hotmail, they just need something new which wil lchange the way how people will look on their email service. People were using hotmail just for junk, now that should change.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
which one is better to use;
outlook email app
hotmail email app

i heard microsoft is giving up hotmail its all going to be outlook email (that will be working to gether with skype, facebook and other office products.?

I for one really hope so. They should abandon hotmail and start integrating outlook on WP's. I resent hotmail. Never used it, but now I'm obliged to (for now).

Outlook will be WAY better. I use it @home and @work, and would like it better if integrated on my WP without a stupid hotmail as primary mailbox.

It's NOT the same thing at all. Not by a long shot !

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
if you are using a hotmail account and...if you type in outlook.com on your browser then, your hotmail will automatically switched to a web-based outlook account. it looks pretty nice clean crisp look, easier and managable.... similar to new gmail type of layout.. I personally like it. try it...:cool:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make any difference to me. I don't use webmail anyway. Gmail is my primary email account, since it supports IMAP in mail clients such as Evolution, unlike hotmail or this new outlook.com, which only supports POP3.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make any difference to me. I don't use webmail anyway. Gmail is my primary email account, since it supports IMAP in mail clients such as Evolution, unlike hotmail or this new outlook.com, which only supports POP3.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

gmail was my primary email account too, untill they changed their privacy policy this year. i dont want them to follow what i purchase or search just because they let me to use their email service. maybe i am wrong but it just doesnt feel right.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Used to have a gmail account but now avoid their products where I can (YouTube being the exception at the moment). Anyway, hotmail/outlook doesn't just support POP3, it also supports AES which is just as good if not better than IMAP.

As for on the phone, I prefer to use the outlook app instead of hotmail as it lets you flag messages.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Used to have a gmail account but now avoid their products where I can (YouTube being the exception at the moment). Anyway, hotmail/outlook doesn't just support POP3, it also supports AES which is just as good if not better than IMAP.

As for on the phone, I prefer to use the outlook app instead of hotmail as it lets you flag messages.

I use AES on the phone. However, hotmail/outlook.com only support POP3 in Evolution. I am a Linux desktop user, so proprietary Microsoft protocols such as DeltaSync, are useless to me.

Therefore, I am sticking with Gmail, as it is the only free email account that supports IMAP.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Well we are now waiting for WP to spport the new outlook. I hope the 7.8 upgrade will fix the problems with moving from live.com to outlook.com. Right now, I have alisas outlook.com and I can not view any mail on my Lumia 710.

infosubedi

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello friend,
Recently, Microsoft had changed its brand name from Hotmail to Outlook. So, Name of Hotmail App changed to Outlook App which is available for all Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Now click on Hotmail Mobile App to learn about new changes and download Hotmail Windows App FREE and enjoy the new features of Outlook.
Thank You!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss