Whatsapp Update Issue

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Apparently with the latest update of whatsapp it is impossible to update my Omnia 7 with Tango, to the 2.8 version of whatsapp.

I'm running 2.0 (didn't get the 2.5 apparently) and now it just won't update. At 75% it quits with a "attention required" message and thats it. Retry doesn't work and from what i've read the uninstall and reinstall of the app isn't an option as that also gives the error but with the added bonus of not being able to run whatsapp at all.

It seems like a problem for multiple first generation devices (according to the comments of the news post) which is kind of terrible and i've already submitted the issue to the whatsapp support, hoping for an answer.

Perhaps we can use this topic to see if anybody had any luck updating his phone whilst having a first generation device. Or name your phone if it isn't working for you, so we can try to find out what is causing this issue.

Just a warning: don't remove the app as you are not able to reinstall it and lose whatsapp completely. The only solution to that is sideloading the app with an unlocked device and version 2 of the app.

Nixjuselius

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and tried to update my whatsapp to 2.8 today and it kept giving me the "attention required" message.

I exited the marketplace and rebooted, same message kept appearing.

Stupidly however i have removed whatsapp off my phone ( must be the blonde hair ) and i am now unable to get it back!

Any solutions????

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with the ESPN Radio app last week. I left it saying "Attention required" and when I checked the next day the app had installed on it's own. I think it is an issue with the Marketplace and not the app itself.

cmilette

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
same here. also with the Bing Translations app.
running mango on a sprint htc arrive.
why isn't this a story on the home page?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 900 here.

Installed version 2.8.0 WhatsApp yesterday.

No issues with Translator or ESPN Radio either.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sssutanto

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Apparently with the latest update of whatsapp it is impossible to update my Omnia 7 with Tango, to the 2.8 version of whatsapp.

I'm running 2.0 (didn't get the 2.5 apparently) and now it just won't update. At 75% it quits with a "attention required" message and thats it. Retry doesn't work and from what i've read the uninstall and reinstall of the app isn't an option as that also gives the error but with the added bonus of not being able to run whatsapp at all.

It seems like a problem for multiple first generation devices (according to the comments of the news post) which is kind of terrible and i've already submitted the issue to the whatsapp support, hoping for an answer.

Perhaps we can use this topic to see if anybody had any luck updating his phone whilst having a first generation device. Or name your phone if it isn't working for you, so we can try to find out what is causing this issue.

Just a warning: don't remove the app as you are not able to reinstall it and lose whatsapp completely. The only solution to that is sideloading the app with an unlocked device and version 2 of the app.
Now I consider myself lucky.. I'm using LG Optimus 7 and WhatsApp still works after the update few days ago (v2.8.0).. it's just very slow, all msg are delayed from 30 mins to who know how many hours/ days.. :confused:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Having that problem with Translator, didn't I see something about the Marketplace being down or gimped this week? Saw an announcement last week I think?

nmalhotra90

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 620. all my apps work just fine except whatsapp. the version installed in my phone is the 2.9.4 version. the problem i face is that my home screen will say i have a message on whatsapp and when i open the app, the message wont show. Most times i get 2 notifications for the same watsapp message post which i can view it in the chat list. So i have to then wait sometime for almost an hour for the message to come again to read it and reply. Most times the messages dont reach me in time, someone would have messaged me and i would recieve the message 45 mins later. The other issue i face is that even after reading the message , the notification on my home page says that i still have a message pending. ANyone have any idea what i can do. its a small issue but it annoys the life out of me. Please help. =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3