WhatsApp Issues With Music Player Controls

JDuey

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone, I've noticed since updating WhatsApp to version 2.8.0 yesterday that after having the app open and then closing it the music player controls become active but show no song name. To test to see wither or not WhatsApp is the real culprit I rebooted my phone to clear the controls and then opened WhatsApp. After doing this they reappeared. Even after closing the app they're still there. Going into the music player it shows a song with no name paused. When tapping on that song it opens WhatsApp.
I've also noticed that when my wifi is on it does not turn off when the phone is on standby like it normally does, instead its on all the time. If the music player controls are not there (like after rebooting my phone) the wifi will turn off when in standby like it normally does. This sounds similar to the Keep Alive app that I read about on this site a few days ago. Just for reference, I do not have Keep Alive or any similar app installed on my phone. Because of this wifi issue I've noticed my battery draining faster. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 800 and was able to go into the diagnostics app to see that my standby current has gone from 11mA to 16mA. After rebooting my phone and having everything back to normal my standby current went back down to 11mA. Is anyone else noticing this problem? Is this something to be concerned about?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't use WhatsApp, so can't comment on that. But just keeping WiFi on should not have much, if any, impact on your battery (no effect on mine after after several tests).But if WhatsApp is opening something, and then keeping it open, that would be a different story. Sounds like an unhealthy bug though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's whatsapp keeping wi-fi open so that even when locked you still receive messages almost instantly.

Can't say I have noticed any difference in my battery drainage since installing whatsapp the other day.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to go slightly off topic. Since this update has anyone tried sending video clips with whatsapp? It seems to barely record the audio.....it's very quiet indeed. Normal video recording is fine.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue in regards to WhatsApp making the music controls show up. I sent an email to their support team, so hopefully they fix it soon enough.

I don't think the app itself drains battery since I haven't noticed any issues, but it is damn annoying always having those controls present. About your drain I guess it could depend on the wifi connection. Since the wifi takes quite a bit of juice plus the fact that WhatsApp uses the best internet connection and is running in the background once opened, this together is probably draining your batterylife.

I myself haven't had any noticable drain while using whatsapp but then again I barely connect to wifi. I guess that it is the combination of the wifi and the bug in the app that causes your issue. It could also be totally unrelated to the "music controls bug", I don't really know...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon