Problems with WhatsApp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with WhatsApp? It's showing I'm not connected and haven't been able to text with anyone, but I have no problems with Kik or any other apps.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I did not have your problem today. But in fact had some false notifications yesterday. My phone showed me the same notifications a few times. After checking the chat I realized that nothing new was waiting for me... Don't know, maybe our issues are connected someway...

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I did not have your problem today. But in fact had some false notifications yesterday. My phone showed me the same notifications a few times. After checking the chat I realized that nothing new was waiting for me... Don't know, maybe our issues are connected someway...
When I go to settings, it keeps saying, I'm not connected, with 2 messages, that are not viewable. Really weird, thinking I may uninstall/reinstall the app again.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not had that exact problem. Had an issue where my messages are taking an age to deliver though. And showing me as having new messages, when in fact it is just older ones showing up as being new.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's weird. I've heard of so many people having problems with this app, but is has always been perfectly functional for me. Maybe it is my phone?

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It has seem to worked itself out, getting all the messages now. I decided not to uninstall/reinstall the app, just to see if it would start working again. Really odd.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
hey there,

I hope it's ok for me to use your thread for my question:

(if not: feel free to delete it :) )

Does anyone have big battery issues after the latest WhatsApp-update? (2.8.2)

After the update my battery is being sucked up by whatsapp. I didn't have time for doing any tests, but I can tell for sure: every time WhatsApp is opened (for example: while I am chatting with someone in a whatsapp-chatgroup) I am extremely surprised how fast i lose power... It goes up to something like 40% in an hour or so...

I am using the HTC 7 Pro (Arrive) with wp 7.5 (.8107.79).

My 7 Pro was never a battery hero, but this kind of a power drain is definitely not normal!

Thanks in advance :)

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You haven't happened to install IM+ as well have you? Initially I thought after the latest update that whatsapp was sucking up battery life. But the same day I installed IM+ and boy does that thing eat through the battery. I was getting less than ten hours battery life in total.

Uninstalled it for now and am just using whatsapp again and am back to 24-48 hours depending on phone use.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Retro,

thanks for your post.

Sadly I don't have IM installed :( When I leave WhatsApp open, even a full battery will only last for about 3 hours max... it's kind of crazy... Without WhatsApp being open my phone just works fine.

hmm. But maybe there are some other apps, which are reacting the same way like IM+ on your phone. I think I might check that out!

Thanks for the advice though!

Greets

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i have been trying to get whatsapp to validate on my lumia 920 since it was released and i still havent been able to...anyone got a solution???
i contacted whatsapp but they werent helpful...

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have with this app just now is it will not allow me to attach photos from my screenshots folder. That is it though, works grand.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I second your statement... a huge battery hog as well. Thanks to its continuous audio streaming for remain in background...
yeah about that, i wanted to know when whatsapp starts showing up in the volume bar, is playing a song for a second enough to remove it or do I have to use something like Stop the Music? Because when I play a song for a second after whatsapp it does remove it from the volume bar, I just don't know if it REALLY does remove it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb