What is your Favorite App not currently available on WP8?

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Mainly photography apps to enhance the Lumia experience

Instagram
Snapseed
PRO HDR
Camera+
AfterFocus
Touch Retouch
Photosynth (yes its not there)

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Its a social network...its so people can be social & share picture with their friends or the rest of the world if they choose, but where instagram shines is there is no messaging people. Its really all about the pictures. And if the pics look bad its because the users took a bad pic or choose to apply a filter to it. There is nothing stopping a person from never adding a filter, or only following people who don't add filters

Here are two pics that I didn't add a filter to
Photo by havox22 • Instagram

But they do compress the pics so quality is lost, but at the end of the day there is really nothing to get. I hear the same thing with twitter and facebook...whats its purpose? well its to be social, there is nothing special about any social network except the people that are on it, and even that will depend on the user & how they want to interact

Also, you can always put your photo through Photoshop before uploading it if you want enhance your photos without being limited to their filters

Well you can always not add shtty filters on it
Example:

Photo by iamjsernphua • Instagram

K. Thx. I'd just never seen a instagram pic that didn't look like crap, so I just figured is was just hipsters being hipsters. And I've been on windows phone since day 1, and never bothered with it because I didn't have the app. Because my life wasn't any less fulfilling without it, I didn't really worry about it. :)

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There are dozens of apps that I use on Android that are not there in the WP Store. Several of the news apps that I use, my banking app, my favorite weather app (my weather), etc. I am hopeful with the new platform that more developers will be jumping on board and we will see a significant increase. I'll give it the two years of my contract. If that does not happen, I'll be switching again I suppose.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
instagram (yes fhotoroom is also good but it is not instagram), flipboard (although fuse serves all my needs), kujiji, metal archives, cross-platform games (hopefully to be fixed in wp8), stumble upon, bump, and im sure im forgetting a bunch more.

this

Jim Hsu

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Not a big social network fan (Facebook/twitter is enough), but I'm looking for:

A medical database (similar to Lexi-Comp, Epocrates, Medscape). This is a very specific request. (WebMD is insufficient).
Schwab banking (asked them about this)

The first item in particular is holding back WP8 (I imagine) for most of the medical community. Fortunately I don't have clinic responsibilities right now.

That's really it right now. Enjoying WP8 right now.

VMdoug

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Instagram and Flipboard for sure

My biggest issue with Windows Phone is the lack of a decent Twitter client. I've been trying them out over the past 2 days and while they all have similar features, there's ONE feature I haven't found in any of them...Notifications on SEARCH! Essentially, the ability to get notified when something matches a search criteria in the Twitterverse. Almost ALL Android Twitter clients have this capability, but I haven't found a single Windows Phone client that does...

I have 13 more days to decide if I want to go back to Android...(but I really do like the Lumia 920)

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Viperal Tasks

This one is actually available but suffers from some sort of incompatibility. It will install on my Lumia 920 but when I launch the app it will never go past the splash screen.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
-TV Guide
-Most Finance Apps - Citibank, ING Direct, State Farm, Amex, Naval Federal Credit Union, Fidelity, Scottrade, Schwabb, TD Ameritrade, a ton more.
-Personal Finance app by BishiNews (Android)
-FBreader

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
POCKET

I know there are at least two WP8 apps that "support" pocket and use their api, but it's not the same. I need an official pocket app

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was pleased to see that there is a YouMail client app on WP (Magikmail) which seems to work well so far. I have been using youmail since I had a blackberry and have come to be very comfortable with the app.

I could use a recommendation on a good sms/mms app to replace the native one, which is ugly as heck.

Thoughts?

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yelp (the one they have is terrible)
Instagram
Spotify (i should really try xbox music pass though.
HBO Go
Xfinity TV and TV player
Official NHL, MLB, NFL apps. Oddly the only one in the store is MLS
(I bet some fans would love mlb.tv or nhl gamecenter, but I'm in blackout for my teams)
Ringdroid
WatchESPN (not for me, but great for College Football/Basketball fans)
If there were something similar for hockey and soccer, I'd want it.
Official TV network apps, like ABC, CBS, NBC.

Tyler Huynh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
TD Ameritrade Mobile and Roboform

TD Ameritrade Mobile is one of the most important apps for me so I can track and trade stocks. I was using it more than the desktop version on my iPhone. It's the one thing that is making me consider giving up my Lumia 920 which I am liking alot.

Roboform is a password manager that is cloud based, it works great and although not as important, I've started to use the mobile version more and more as I forget account and password info. I may find alternatives for this but Ameritrade might be a deal breaker.

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If anyone else uses Pocket (read it later) please email them requesting a wp8 app. Was told they'd make it with enough interest. We need this app!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism