What is your Favorite App not currently available on WP8?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
1. TuneIN Radio - Worked great on WP7 but it's not available for WP8 yet.
2. I'd like Instagram just to make people quiet.
3. I'd really like a better working Facebook app, maybe one even written by Facebook
4. Draw Something and Words with Friends are so buggy they are dead to me so I'd like working versions of those.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
IcontrolAV from Pioneer to control my reciever. This is the only must have app that I am missing out from switching from IOS/Android. Currently having to keep our Fire running JB in the living room to avoid having to get off my couch :) .
Fun stuff:
X-Plane - the best flying simulator for IOS & Android.
Microsoft to open up API's for access to the headset so SIP clients can be usefull for making SIP calls & integrating with phone systems.

Overall for me WP has most of the apps I want or a very good alternative.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Mint.com

I honestly spent less money when I had that app. It breaks down all your purchases by type, lets you set budgets, gives you alerts about spending, and shows you where you are spending more money than the average consumer. And it does it all automatically when you pit your bank log in in. I've tried other apps on windows phone, but when they don't do it automatically, I just don't use it like I used mint.

Mint is a GOOOOOOD one. I loved that app.....

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Why do you say that, they posted a req for some devs and were filled.

Because they would be a competitor to MS' music marketplace and other initiatives like Xbox music. Can you buy Amazon MP3s through an official app on iOS?

I'll tell you this: on Xbox with xbox live, you can watch Amazon Prime instant shows (the free ones). But, if you want to pay for an actual good movie, you have to get up, go to a PC, log in, and buy it on the website. Then you go back to the xbox to see the rented movie show up in your library. This is because if you're going to pay, MS wants you to go through Xbox's movie rental program. I do not see them allowing official music purchasing apps in their ecosystem.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Because they would be a competitor to MS' music marketplace and other initiatives like Xbox music. Can you buy Amazon MP3s through an official app on iOS?

I'll tell you this: on Xbox with xbox live, you can watch Amazon Prime instant shows (the free ones). But, if you want to pay for an actual good movie, you have to get up, go to a PC, log in, and buy it on the website. Then you go back to the xbox to see the rented movie show up in your library. This is because if you're going to pay, MS wants you to go through Xbox's movie rental program. I do not see them allowing official music purchasing apps in their ecosystem.

I just want the Cloud Player, and yes, there is an official Amazon Cloud Player app for iOS.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
When my Terrific Trophy took a dive, and stopped working. I settled for a Galaxy Stellar, since Red did not have any Trophy's. I will be giving WP8 a good look come May when I can upgrade. What I will miss is TuneIn Radio, and the ING Direct App.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you buy through it?

For the iOS one? I don't believe so (I don't use Apple products so I can't say for certain), but I don't care about that. I simply want access to my Amazon Cloud Player where my music is stored, which is a function supported in the iOS as well as Android apps.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Hulu Plus
Amazon Cloud Player
iHeart Radio (I want the same local stations that the other OS's have. Missing 1310 The Ticket in Dallas)
At Bat (With Video, to match what the other OS's have)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3