Has the Soundgecko app been working for anyone??

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Come to think of it, this soundgecko app has never worked for me since it came out last month. I can play my files on the app's website and really don't seem to understand why the WP app doesn't work for me. Is any one in my situation and are there any solutions to this please?? The app has become a white elephant on my phone.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
[ Link to soundgecko in the Store: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/soundgecko/41f3c841-c8e2-4e19-b24a-ef280f4be4d8 ]

OK, so this is a bit of an old thread, but it looks like it's the only Soundgecko related one. So first my answer: yes, the app has been working mostly on my Lumia 920, app version 2.0. I can send links to go@soundgecko.com from my registered email, and a little later I have a new audio file in the WP app under 'my articles'. Great!

My main question is whether there is any way to fast forward through an article once it's in your "my articles" list. The app doesn't handle pausing very well, so many times when I come back to the app it will have forgotten where I left off. As far as I can tell that means I have to start listening all over again. That can't be right.. can it?

My second question is whether there is any way to manage the "my articles" list online. I was expecting to find it at soundgecko.com, but I can't for the life of me find any trace of it there. Am I overlooking an obvious button or something?

And the final question for now, apparently you can make a custom podcast, but I'm not sure if WP8 can add a podcast that is not in the store. Can it?

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Update: literally once I was able to see a 'scrub' bar at the top of the app screen, which would appear when pressing the phone's volume buttons. Weirdly it hasn't returned, I now only see the standard WP8 music controls when I hit the volume button. Does anyone know how to get the scrub bar to appear? Hello? Anybody?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon