Available *NEW* apps coming with 7.8 update, for older users

articandy97

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Heyy...happy US Cellular HTC Arrive user here. Just curious: will the proclaimed hit apps on android and iOS 'draw something and 'words with friends be coming with the new and highly awaited 'WP update 7.8'??? I am currently running WP 7.5, and am patiently waiting in line for the 7.8 update for my Arrive, and would really like to be able to use those apps. My mom has an iPad, and i had an iPhone, and we used to play that all the time. but i decided to go windows for a while. And so far: hating it. Straight up, when is this 7.8 update coming, and will i get to play these *awsome* apps that even android managed to get on their marketplace?????? Am I the only one here? I can't be.:straight:

edtrunks

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So you're not happy with Windows phone because of words with friends??? Try Words by Post..I think its better and also multi platform

articandy97

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Your right...it is pretty cool. I thank you :D. Only thing in confused about: I've been reading up on everyone's forums and can't seem to find an answer: will the new 7.8 update come with some more of the cross-platform games, and will it be compatible with my Arrive? I'm sure Microsoft is trying here, but I think they just put all their effort into Windows 7 PC, and just slacked off (although I'm not complaining...i got a brand-new HP Beats w/ W7)

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
7.8 will be coming to all 7.5 devices. It is essentially a new start screen. Your phone will get access to those games as soon as they are published, whether or not you have received 7.8 by then or not.

articandy97

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, thanx. I thought that only newer phones could get newer stuff, just like with Apple's line of iPod touches. Only the last 2 have access and the comparability of their big 5.1.1. Update. I, unfortunately, had a 2nd Gen. = no access 2 update. That's why I decidely am going windows for a while.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, thanx. I thought that only newer phones could get newer stuff, just like with Apple's line of iPod touches. Only the last 2 have access and the comparability of their big 5.1.1. Update. I, unfortunately, had a 2nd Gen. = no access 2 update. That's why I decidely am going windows for a while.

Well.... None of our phones are getting updated to 8.0. Any apps coded for 8.0, you won't get. The specific apps you are asking about though will be coded for 7.5/7.8.

articandy97

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
True. But I guess you just gotta work with what you get. I know I'm not gonna run out and spend another $200 that I don't have, just so I can have access to some extra stuff. Oh, well. Maybe Microsoft will fix that gap between stuff coded for 7.5/.8, and stuff coded for 8.0? I'm sure that it's all in the hardware, and what's under the hood, so to speak, but you never know...