Flipboard app over WP8 "under consideration"

top gun76

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Jon Virtes, the Official Representative of Flipboard said 4 months ago:

"We have no plans for a Windows Phone version at this time. However, we are considering bringing Flipboard to more platforms in the future, so it is still possible for future development."

I know, maybe this is not new to you. A lot of people are switching to WP8 this year, including myself. I believe we need more pressure over the Flipboard team to build their app over WP8, "if they did not start already". Below is a link for the Flipboard community support. I would appreciate if you register your interest in the app over WP8 at their website.

https://getsatisfaction.com/flipboard/topics/windows_phone_7_application-ni4dz

top gun76

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
With all of your pressure guys, .. The result is another official announcement from Flipboard released just 5 hours ago:

"We do plan to continue adding more platforms over time. A version for Windows 8, Windows Phone, and Surface is a possibility. Stay tuned for future announcements"

Keep your posting on the link above, and let's keep our pressure.

Thanks for your support for having Flipboard on our new devices ;-)

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Generic response to try and break some of the heat off their backs. I really do hope they listen though and develop for all three.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I picked up Flipboard for our Android tablet (which it really isn't made for).

I can't say I'm really impressed with it. But, more power to WP8 if it does end up coming to our platform.

Weave IMO is much better. Not as magazine like, but easier to use.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, we are the developers behind Weave. Thank you guys for the support and for the recommendation of our app!

We are big fans of Zite and Flipboard on iOS. We have built this 4.0 app update to be the *best* news app available on any platform. We used Zite and Flipboard heavily for a period of about 6 months while we were creating the huge v4.0 update that was just released last week. You can definitely see some of the influences of those apps on our app.

While Flipboard gets a lot of hype (mostly because of marketing money - remember they have investors who have spent tens of millions to ensure it gets hype), we think Weave is much easier to use, more powerful, and flat out more fun.

We feel Windows Phone users deserve a first class news reading app, one that is beautiful to look at but more importantly easy to use, and has features that appeal to first-time users as well as RSS veterans. Weave is such an app, and we are proud to say only Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 fans have access to it!

Marketplace link:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=25f7c2fa-ca89-49a7-9937-c7347be73fec

Thank you,

Seles Games

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I honestly never really cared for Flipboard. I do however enjoy using Zite. I love the sign-in feature where once I sign in, all my stuff restores, no matter what platform I'm using. It's on WP, iOS and Android.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly never really cared for Flipboard. I do however enjoy using Zite. I love the sign-in feature where once I sign in, all my stuff restores, no matter what platform I'm using. It's on WP, iOS and Android.

Same with Flipboard. I hope Surface gets it soon.

justinl111

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, we are the developers behind Weave. Thank you guys for the support and for the recommendation of our app!

We are big fans of Zite and Flipboard on iOS. We have built this 4.0 app update to be the *best* news app available on any platform. We used Zite and Flipboard heavily for a period of about 6 months while we were creating the huge v4.0 update that was just released last week. You can definitely see some of the influences of those apps on our app.

While Flipboard gets a lot of hype (mostly because of marketing money - remember they have investors who have spent tens of millions to ensure it gets hype), we think Weave is much easier to use, more powerful, and flat out more fun.

We feel Windows Phone users deserve a first class news reading app, one that is beautiful to look at but more importantly easy to use, and has features that appeal to first-time users as well as RSS veterans. Weave is such an app, and we are proud to say only Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 fans have access to it!

Marketplace link:
Weave News Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thank you,

Seles Games

Thanks for the introduction. So far the app looks nice however 2 points:

1 Am I able to choose my own news sources, if not this is a major oversight for me as a news aggregator.

2 I tend not to use Apps that keep displaying adverts, it is far too distracting, please produce an ad free version as well.

Thanks

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Marketplace link:
Weave News Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thank you,

Seles Games

Hi Seles Games,
Installed the Weave app yesterday.
Enjoying it, it is a great reader app.
Love the paper color tone background, very easy on the eyes.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks!
Ps. I also used WP7 app.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

1 Am I able to choose my own news sources, if not this is a major oversight for me as a news aggregator.

2 I tend not to use Apps that keep displaying adverts, it is far too distracting, please produce an ad free version as well.

Thanks
Yes. You are able to choose your own searches. One swipe and just tap the "Manage" button and add away.

The ads to me are fairly unobtrusive. But, I guess the option to purchase an ad-free version could be a good idea.

That being said, the new design is very nice, considerably better than the previous iteration. It is now pinned to my Start Screen.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Yes. You are able to choose your own searches. One swipe and just tap the "Manage" button and add away.

The ads to me are fairly unobtrusive. But, I guess the option to purchase an ad-free version could be a good idea.

That being said, the new design is very nice, considerably better than the previous iteration. It is now pinned to my Start Screen.

Thank you Wyn, that is correct you can add any feed you want via the search page, and even easier than that you can browse the included feed library which has around 300 hand-curated news sources that are all very high caliber. We are also adding more sources and a new category or two in the next few days.

In regards to ads, we do offer a paid version, but it is pricey ($9.99 in the U.S.) due to our monthly server costs. However, we dislike ads as much as you, so we've made it easy to turn off ads temporarily. After opening the app and going into the article list, tap on the ad that shows up. Weave will close and the ad will open. Now you can press your phone's back button and you will back in Weave and you will be ad-free until the next time you open the app!

Hi Seles Games,
Installed the Weave app yesterday.
Enjoying it, it is a great reader app.
Love the paper color tone background, very easy on the eyes.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks!
Ps. I also used WP7 app.

Thank you Robin!

Thank you to everyone who has tried the app in the past few days. We are really excited to see such a positive response with the latest update, and we hope you enjoy the app for a long time to come!

Seles Games

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos