What apps do you think are still needed for Wp?

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
instagram and a decent music player (the xbox one sucks)

Agree, was using Rhapsody on android and I think their cross platform experience is second to none (web, pc, xbox, gym mp3, mobile)... Well except for windows phone, their app isn't that good. They are close to releasing a new one though and are looking for beta testers (I posted that link in other forums).

I think since we aren't seeing support from Spotify, Pandora, rdio, etc that rhapsody should get a lot of recognition for doing this (assuming their new app is good of course).

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Nook
Spotify
United Airlines
Instagram (I don't use it but for many people it is a must have)
Nike+
Siri (of course not actual Siri but a integrated voice assistant that can schedule appointments, play music by artist or song title, provide directions, etc)

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Temple Run 2;
2. Instragram (Not for me, because Photoroom is way better);

These two are the only apps I'm looking forward to get. Although I will not be using Instagram, because I find Photoroom to have better & more filters and also looks better.
Temple Run 2... well I believe you all know I'm addicted to it. That's true, because it's got the endless fun & that's exactly what I want. I know there're better games, like Cut The Rope (however I heard they barely update it).
Oh and although it's been announced, I'd love to purchase that Shark Dash!

Last edited:

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
PDF viewer from Adobe for WP8.
Facebook app from Facebook.
All Google apps including YouTube.
Amazon MP3.
RedBox.

I know there's more but I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Waze: As of now, Windows Phone has some real low quality navigation apps, but is also a social phone. Waze came out already however and said they would not be creating an app until the Marketshare is higher. Now its just up to patience.
Instagram: Rumour is its coming, rumour is its not, but Nokia did tweet recently that Instagram might be released soon as a Nokia exclusive.
Songkick: Probably not a big one for most people, but an app that I frequented a lot. Great for finding events and artists having concerts nearby or anywhere.
Wikipedia Official: I personally hate apps that give a service but aren't created by the actual developer of the site or app on another platform, and I believe since Wikipedia has an official app on Windows 8 they should definatly be working on a app for Windows Phone 8.
Starbucks: I am not a user of the Starbucks card, but it would be a great app on Windows Phone 8.
Facebook Official: Yes the facebook app we have was not created by Facebook, but by Microsoft. We need a real facebook app, made by facebook.
Twitter Official: Same as above.
Tapatalk: Stated before in this thread but obvious, as a forum user its a huge plus to have on a platform. Also tapatalk has a app on window 8 and I think its time for a Windows Phone app.
Google Books/Music/Maps/Reader/Whole Suite: Its been said before that google will never make an app for Windows Phone, at least however until Windows Phone gets a better marketshare and google is forced to supply their users with the google experience or lose out on those customers.
Microsoft Videos: We need a microsoft video app... had one on Zune and they should integrate it within the marketplace.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition: Not everyones favorite but regardless a game that would gain some interest.
Temple Run: Brave: Disney version of Temple Run.
Rayman Jungle Run: Possibly the highest quality game I've ever played on Android. Great game and would run great on Windows Phone.
Flipboard: News app that gains a lot of attention and is extremely high quality.
Pulse News: Another News app that was on WP at one point and was just released on Windows 8.
Jackthreads: One I would like to see personally, its for the www.jackthreads.com clothing website, but it was a convenient app to have.
Pandora: Already on its way this year.
Mint: Finance app on Android and iOS and one of the best that I've ever used for managing spending and watching your bank account.
Pinterest: I also realize that there is Pinspiration in the market. But as I stated before its not official, and I'd like to see an official app.
Tumblr: Same as above, official app.
Pocket: News reader, and a save for later read it app. Very popular among iOS users and Android users and would give WP some traction it needs.
Spotify: Music app that was once on WP and it is coming back according to Spotify.
Songza: Radio app on iOS and Android that would play music based on mood or atmosphere, a very fun app to use.
Zedge: Its obvious that there is a lack of ways to get ringtones on WP and Zedge is one of the biggest databases for ringtones, wallpapers, and notification sounds and I think its fair to say we WP users need a Zedge app.
Wattpad: A book reading app for the website wattpad.com for fictions written by the sites users, personally one I would use not sure about everyone else.
Last.fm Official: On Android and iOS there is a official last.fm app that actually scrobbles the plays of a user, and although the Microsoft version of the app is quality, I would like to be able to scrobble my music listens. Either that or bring back the zune social. Shouldn't be that hard to integrate within the Xbox interface.
Steam: A app for the PC, Mac, and Linux game client Steam by Valve, with the ongoing growth of steam users and users from steam who use Windows Phone it would be a smart app to write for WP.
TED: If you're a bit of a education, and entertainment junkie. You certainly would want an app like this. Shows talks from TED conferences that are always fun and very educational.
Trulia: They have it for Windows 8, would like to see it for Windows Phone 8 as well.
Youtube Official: Forgot to add this to the list, but as one of the most used video websites out there I think it seems appropriate. Don't get any hopes up for a official google app though, its google.

There are a lot of other apps that we would like to see on Windows Phone without a doubt, but we each got to remember that most if not all these apps will eventually make it to Windows Phone as long as the Marketshare is increasing. So if your impatient, then get yourself another device to use as an MP3 or something or advertise Windows Phone and help your friends make the smart choice and convert!

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Most of these have already been said but I'll go ahead and throw mine in:
Waze, Pandora (I know it's coming but they need to hurry), Songza, Wells Fargo, Capital One, Official Facebook and Twitter (not some junk Microsoft threw together), YouTube/Google Maps (aint gonna happen), imo.im, Amazon MP3, HBO Go, WatchESPN, Nike+FuelBand, CamScanner, and just about any major game release you can imagine.

I'm fairly discouraged on the prospects of the game releases but I think most of the others will come if marketshare grows to a respectable level or if WP8 starts to generate a decent amount of buzz beyond us tech enthusiasts. I know these are some of the growing pains of a new platform so I'm not jumping ship. I've had my 920 for a week and love the OS almost as much as the hardware. I've got enough companion devices (iPod Touch 5, Nexus 7, Note 2, Galaxy Camera) to fill the app gap even if its not as convenient as having all of the mentioned services on my phone. The 920 is a keeper for me and I'm more excited about the prospects of WP8 than I am about my Surface and RT which I love.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Spotify, G+, FB app made by FB (that works as well as it does on other mobile devices, which is to say poorly, but still better than what we currently have). Xfinity app would be nice. I guess Instagram (not something I'd use, but something that might convince people it's okay to switch to WP8, meaning more traction). Dumpload of XBLA games, specifically ones you've already bought.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
As long as it works well and looks nice I personally don't care if the app is offical or 3rd party (MetroTube and the Wikipedia app being fine examples of proper, professional-looking apps).

But what I'd like are some quality games: Modern Combat, Asphalt 7 and the like.

Oh, and something for really, really basic stuff android users take for granted like viewing your data quota and Swype to name a couple.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Instagram (I don't use it, but a lot of ppl do, so it IS needed)
Waze (same reason)
Pandora (same reason)
Proper Facebook app (using webpage is not very convenient)
Fully functional official Twitter app (I've heard they are now restricting some API functions to other developers)
Twitch.tv and Justin.tv apps - for watching the streams from those sites
Official "Find my friends" app, with same functionality as the Apple's one - come on MS, I want my orher family members to switch to WP8 too, without paying extra monthly fee to cellphone provider for their own app with similar function!

That's the basic ones I'd like to see... Plus of course MS and Nokia should REALLY hurry up with improving Skype and Drive+ apps.

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
"Official" does not always equal the most functional app. There is a whole slew of Twitter apps with more functionality than the official app. Scrolling through my apps now....Starbucks card definitely needs to improve. They just updated it, and its still just a glorified screenshot of a bar code. I find the Facebook app pretty much unusable, though its integration into messaging is cool. L.A. Weekly would be nice, Instagram, Snapseed, a Google branded Google +, some better to do/organizer apps, an app like Drafts for iOS....all I got right now.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Instagram, instagram, instagram, I want my instagram. Its like I'm in a phone coma. I'm screaming inside, but nobody hears me. If only I could move. . . I would jump all about to get your attention instagram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb