What apps do you think are still needed for Wp?

hyperova

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
We have had over 100,000 for a while now, and more and more 'big' name titles are hitting the marketplace all the time, what do we still need? Or what apps that we have currently need improvements? Not talking about games either i know what we need in that department.

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Instagram is the first that comes to mind. I convinced a friend to upgrade from an iPhone 4S but he's a big time instagram user. I convinced him that the app is coming soon, hopefully it does.

As far as improvements, I seriously think the official Facebook and Twitter apps need to be improved. With the current Facebook app you can't review your timeline when someone tags you ins post or picture. I realize I can just pin touch.facebook.com and take care of it, but the official app should have all those capabilities built in.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Instagram is *the* remaining "dealbreaker" app at this point and quite frankly if so many people "couldn't live without it" I'd tell them to shove it. If Facebook is committed to supporting WP then it will come eventually but they probably never gave a thought to it until after the acquisition was closed so odds are it'll be a few months at the earliest.
The fact is up until they got bought, Instagram was run by snobby hipsters who only developed for Android because they had to. The fact that they don't let you signup for an account anywhere but the app is the telltale sign of people who think they are a lot more important than they really are.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Comixology's Comix and I have been getting into a few games by Mobage on my android tablet. Mainly marvel war of heroes. It'd Just be nice to see better comic book support. I think comixology made a windows 8 app so hopefully wp8 is next.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I want my ING Direct banking app, and Flipboard.

Instagram would be nice but I can find a different app to edit photos with, I couldn't care less about the "social" aspect of Instagram. Lenses should offer an amazing plethora of camera apps in the coming months.

I'm not really much of an app user though.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I want the Starbucks (official) and United Airlines apps. If American and Delta can have one for WP, what's the hold-up, United?! And also the full Weight Watchers app like on iOS, not the barely-bare-bones one we have right now.

ldj

May 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a whole class of apps that the other platforms have that just isn't possible on WP7. AFAIK you can't even write an alarm clock app as you can't run anything as a service in the background to wake the phone up and invoke and action at a certain time. Thats a BIG oversight IMO.
Also, you cant automate a lot of the phone functions, so cool utils like apps that turn the phone onto mute at night, turn BT on/off depending on your location or turn Wifi on when in range are also missing.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Instagram. I'm not big on it, but I sure know a lot of folks that live/die by it. A friend of mine was asking me what was so good about it and after telling her, she liked the idea, BUT she's big on iG and has tons of photos on it. She is definitely in to the social aspect of it as well. I got my nephew on to WP, but he is tired of looking for his iPod Touch to get/use iG.

Pandora. Even thought it has been said that it'll officially come, it's not here yet. Until then, this app, regardless of how good Xbox Music, Nokia Music & Spotify may be, people still have their stations and enjoy using Pandora.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
And also the full Weight Watchers app like on iOS, not the barely-bare-bones one we have right now.
My wife complains about this daily. I found a work around in downloading PlusPoints. Still, she wanted to be able to browse different foods so I went to link the Weight Watchers mobile site as a live tile, but INTERNET EXPLORER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IT. GRRRR! Effing unbelievable. I ended up downloading UC Browser and from it make a live tile shortcut to the WW mobile site.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice if games like Hill Climb Racing, Life is Crime, and Sea Empire came to WP. It is also super disappointing that Zedge is such fail. It's a fantastic app on other platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism