The app myth debunked by Wired

wormy6

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
+1. This is great... I think most of us here at the forums have been seeing this coming. It was pretty obvious but its nice to see it finally hitting threshold and becoming common knowledge.

rclifton

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The list of apps they have I would say frankly are highly questionable as far as the top apps go. I haven't even heard of a lot of them. I used a Samsung Focus for almost 8 months last year and finally decided to switch back to Android until the apps I needed were available.

I just picked up a Nokia 920 this morning and was pretty bummed to see that almost all of the apps I use on a daily basis are still not present almost a year later :(

I really like the 920, seems to be a great phone but I'm not sure I can keep waiting for the apps to catch up and I think it's what's keeping more people from jumping in.

Before I get flamed I'll add I'm not looking for some exotic/niche app. These apps I use daily and they are not available currently in the Windows Phone store on the 920.

Flipboard/Google Currents, US Bank, Sonos controller, Our Groceries (Serious waf issue on this one), dropbox (I know it's coming but that doesn't help me now and serious waf again as my wife and I share photos via my dropbox account)..

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem in getting people to switch isn't the 750k vs 120k difference in app numbers its also the lack of that single "killer exclusive" app.

I'm reminded of when the original Xbox launched and people had to consider buying it or the Playstation. The choice was made easier by the existence of Halo as that single exclusive app that drove people to the hardware.

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't use pinterest but why does it come up as not available? There are at least two that i've seen, PInspiration and another one I can't remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos