Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mandos

I've tried Rowi but that seems to be permanently stuck on a position 18 hours ago, I open it up it jumps back 18 hours, I read through all the tweets, open again and it does the same thing?

Mehdoh I have tweet marker enabled but any time I open it up it just jumps to the start of the time line.

Carbon did it all but thats sadly gone,

Try gleek! Or Cowlick.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    32,300 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    +1 for Gleek and Cowlick.

Used to roll with rowi, but Cowlick stole me away...

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    I have been using Twabbit. Has a UI that isnt just the standard black and white pivot, remembers timeline, tweet longer, has nice wide photos in timeline. Pretty much anything i could ask for.

Installed Gleek last night, woke up this morning and checked twitter, straight away it landed at the top of the time line :(

All I want from a twitter app is

Push notifications
    Saves the position in timeline
    Inline images
    and in an ideal world loads all unread tweets
    They also all seem slow as **** on my HTC Radar

All basic things that clients on Android and iOS do by default. I first came to Windows Phone 7 when it launched, twitter clients where crap back then, I got fed up and left for android, I've just come back and things haven't really moved along any.

Global Posts
    32,300 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by dj9928 View Post
    Installed Gleek last night, woke up this morning and checked twitter, straight away it landed at the top of the time line :(

All I want from a twitter app is

Push notifications
    Saves the position in timeline
    Inline images
    and in an ideal world loads all unread tweets
    They also all seem slow as **** on my HTC Radar

All basic things that clients on Android and iOS do by default. I first came to Windows Phone 7 when it launched, twitter clients where crap back then, I got fed up and left for android, I've just come back and things haven't really moved along any.
    You need to adjust the settings. In settings>preferences>"select where to move in your timeline after your timeline is refreshed", the options are: stay where I am at; go to the latest new tweet or go to the oldest new tweet.

You can also adjust how many new tweets are displayed when refreshed.

Thanks for that Laura, works a treat now all be it a bit stuttery when it loads the tweets but certainly the best client so far.

Global Posts
    32,300 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Thanks for that Laura, works a treat now all be it a bit stuttery when it loads the tweets but certainly the best client so far.
    You're welcome! I'm glad that helped.

For the record, gleek is cool, but has some extra stuff that some may not want, Cowlick is made by the same dev just in a more streamlined package with the standard twitter stuff (timeline, mentions, retweets). Give it a look too and compare which you prefer.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."