Passwords App

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Are there any recommended apps on WP8 that securely store website/account passwords? I see some in the store but its hard to know which ones can be trusted.

Thanks.

phra8lao

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Are there any recommended apps on WP8 that securely store website/account passwords? I see some in the store but its hard to know which ones can be trusted.

Thanks.
I been using safewallet on Ipad and Android. I was surprise to see on WP8. It use dropbox to sync to my mac and window pc.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually testing LastPass right now. You can download the desktop app for free, and it includes plug-ins for Firefox, IE and Chrome. You can replace the standard password managers in each browser with LastPass, and it will import any saved logins and passwords from those browsers (and will delete them from the browsers as well if you wish it to do so).

Once you have that setup on your PC you can go to lastpass.com and request an installation link for the WP app. It seems to work really well. You can use the WP app for 14 days for free; after that you need to upgrade to LastPass Premium in order to keep using it. It does cost $12 a year, but compared to the other apps I've tried I definitely like it the best.

Just a possible option for anyone looking for a password manager.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using LastPass for years. I have found no better alternative. It works on all my devices and all my computers, it just can't be beat.

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been using LastPass for years. I have found no better alternative. It works on all my devices and all my computers, it just can't be beat.
Agreed... LastPass is the best.
All passwords are encrypted locally on the machine or device first then sent to the servers at lastpass. If there machines are ever compromised it would take the hackers a lot of time to hack into the information since it's completely encrypted.
It's also only $12 a year to use the Mobile version of the lastpass, it also gives you the ability to share a password with another lastpass user and have it update the password, if you change it, automatically.

It's a great program and works well with WP7 and WP8.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Agreed... LastPass is the best.
All passwords are encrypted locally on the machine or device first then sent to the servers at lastpass. If there machines are ever compromised it would take the hackers a lot of time to hack into the information since it's completely encrypted.
It's also only $12 a year to use the Mobile version of the lastpass, it also gives you the ability to share a password with another lastpass user and have it update the password, if you change it, automatically.

It's a great program and works well with WP7 and WP8.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do like it so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium