Good FB alternatives?

Deformat

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So,I'm soon geting a Lumia 820 and as far as I heard, there are a lot of issues with the official app. Therefore, I'm curious to hear which apps are the best replacements. :)

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What kind of issue? The MS Official works just great.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

It might work great on your device but I can tell you for a fact that on a Windows 8 phone its utterly crap. It barely works and the reviews in the app store show that I'm not alone. Bad review after bad review.

From what I've read on this forum it seems like WP7 users are running an older version of the app that seems to function ok but WP8 users have version 4.0 which is utter ****.

I've tried most of the alternatives and they are also quite poor. MS needs to fix the official app pronto.

Longshot2012

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, the official FB app is horrible. Facebook Touch seems to be pretty decent, but I only have the free one so far and it has a few annoying ad placements. Still not sure I want to buy it.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Am still on wp7.5 so my Facebook activity goes as this, pin the official facebook messages to start screen and browse facebook through IE touch.facebook.com
I hope there is some improvement by the time i get my Lumia.

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Such a shame that such big apps for big websites (facebook and twitter) are so awful on WP. I just switched from iphone to lumia 920, and things like this make me a little sad.
Official FB app is horrid, ugly, awful.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had a notification showing on the pinned FB tile for 3 days now. I've read everything on my facebook account. No other device or site shows the notification. Its borked on the phone lol.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the nokia lumia 810 and there are constant app crashes when responding to messages in the native facebook app...quite annoying to the point I've removed it and just used the touch.facebook.com website in the browser, and get my messages, well, in my messages app :)

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use People app like 90% of the time for FB. Then just use the FB app when I need it to do some specific things. FB app works good for me so far on the 920. And if all else fails just use the website :p You can even pin the website to your start screen if you need it that bad.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I read a review for Facebook touch that said its a scam because you can get the exact same thing by going to touch.Facebook.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think MS really botched up their FB app. It could have been something special, but it ended up being a poorly written app. This app should be the premier app for WP8, as it's probably going to be the most used. Get on it MS and get that thing up to the right standard. I didn't jump ship from iPhone 4S for this! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo