Anyone know what happened to the tunein app?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. It's only got one review and its a 2 star review at that. No way of trying before I buy and its ?2. Hmm, I would like to hear from a few people before I commit. Otherwise I'll hang on for Tune In.

Thanks though, I appreciate the heads up. Looks quite good.

Chris Lawrence

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was getting desperate and thought I could be clever. I have a WP Dev account, so I can sideload applications on my phone. I downloaded the TuneIn Radio .xap file from the marketplace and tried to sideload it on my phone. It threw some framework errors and basically spat it back out at my face. We're truly waiting here for TuneIn to publish the update app.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
FWIW, I finally got a generic reply from TuneIn from a email I sent about a WP8 app.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. I will pass this on to our development team and we hope to have this feature fixed in a future release. I apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your support of TuneIn!

Sincerely,

Derek
TuneIn

Senej

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I live in Pensacola but normally listen to Jacksonville sports radio because I am a Jaguars fan (don't laugh). TuneIn was great for this on my HTC One X and I used it every day. I was dissapointed to find that when I upgraded to my Lumia 920 it was not imported for WP8, so I have been missing it allot. I went ahead and took the plunge and paid for the GrabRadio app. You guys wanna know the funny thing? My radio staions are available on GrabRadio and at the very top it says TuneIn with the font we all know. The station works great and I again have the ability to stream my sports talk station from my phone in the car.

The problem I have had with the app since install is it will ramdomly not start. I click the tile and it acts like it wants to load then just goes back to the apps list. I have removed it and reinstalled it and it goes into a non loading loop. Not sure what the deal is, but I went from excited to sad pretty quickly.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i was literally just looking for this in the store!

its the only service i found that has 98 Rock in Baltimore, MD.

First day without radio now that i upgraded from my Trophy to 8x yesterday.

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got this a minute ago from TuneIn support. At least they're acknowledging that they are working on a WP8 app.

Michelle
NOV 28, 2012 | 11:55AM PST
Hello

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. We are working on a Windows Phone 8 application. We hope to have it available in the store soon. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Michelle
TuneIn
--
Have questions? Please visit:
Contact Us

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got this a minute ago from TuneIn support. At least they're acknowledging that they are working on a WP8 app.

Michelle
NOV 28, 2012 | 11:55AM PST
Hello

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. We are working on a Windows Phone 8 application. We hope to have it available in the store soon. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Michelle
TuneIn
--
Have questions? Please visit:
Contact Us

That is a relief!!

ultrariver

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing problems with tunein radio over 3G? I have a Lumia 900 and it is streaming over wifi only. I tried with a Galaxy III and an iphone and same issue.

Thanks

Crisdean

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Loved TunedIn on the iPhone and now on the iPad and the BB 9780. Awesome app. Another good radio app is Nobex Radio. But that doesn't seem to exist on WP8 :(

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I also got an email reply from Tunein's customer service, telling me that they are in fact working on the app and that it will be in the WP8 store soon.

Moolelo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tunein.jpgpicture002.jpgNot sure if anyone else has noticed this, but today when I went back through previous purchases I was able to download TuneIn radio to my Lumia 920 because I had purchased it before on WP& Focus. Maybe will work for those who have had it before to get the app until the official update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte