Anyone know what happened to the tunein app?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Tunein is one of my favorite apps: Contact Us

They have a windows phone app and as of last week it was on the app store but it seems to have vanished....anyone know why?
The last I heard was that it was being updated for WP8 but I'm struggling to find any more info on it. I'm desperately waiting for this app. Tunein was awesome on the iPhone and I want it back for my WP8 device.

dmmbutts

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I sent them a message from their website over a week ago asking if it will be available for WP8; no response. It is a favorite from WP7.5 and I miss it greatly.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
They're updating it. I imagine performance will be vastly improved in wp8 as it was always a bit slow on wp7. Can't wait for it to come out.

Mike Johnson1

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This app and or sirius/xm could be dealbreakers for me. I will give it a mont, b/c I love the phone. If they do not come out in a month I will probably get the iphone 5. I contacted TuneIn and sirius/xm. Tunein didn't even respond and sirius/xm didn't answer the question. What I don't get is I was able to download TuneIn for my windows 8 computer but not for my nokia 920?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The current app is not compatiable with WP8. I'm with you all, I am missing this app.

G is missing his JJJ station. <-- JJJ = Aussie radio

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
What do you mean by Clearwater stations only? I listen to lots of talk radio, can you do this with iHeart?

I think he meant Clearwire Radio Stations. Clearwire owns a lot of stations nationwide and all are available on the iHeart app, along with some other non Clearwire stations. But the two apps do not mirror each other. So the station you are looking for might not be available on iHeart. I use iHeart to listen to KTLK and Q104.3, but I want TuneIn back to listen to KNAC.com.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think he meant Clearwire Radio Stations. Clearwire owns a lot of stations nationwide and all are available on the iHeart app, along with some other non Clearwire stations. But the two apps do not mirror each other. So the station you are looking for might not be available on iHeart. I use iHeart to listen to KTLK and Q104.3, but I want TuneIn back to listen to KNAC.com.
Ok, I just tried the iheart app on my Blackberry, mainly because I don't have my 822 yet, and it sucks! So I'm really hoping that the app for WP8 is better and can hold me up till tunein is back.

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What I find wierd is that Microsoft said that it would be easy to convert app from windows 8 to windows phone 8, so Tunein and other apps are available in windows 8, should not take that much time to get it to wp8???

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
iHeart is owned by Clear Channel Broadcasting. Clear Channel is the company that bought up a lot of radio stations over the last 15 years or so. It is a way for them to continue to reach consumers who no longer listen to traditional radio in their cars and homes. If it's not one of their stations or affiliates, you won't hear it on iHeart Radio. Good news is, they own a ton of stations and iHeart was how they centralized the considerable content their stations have. I live in a big city and let's say there are 20 major stations of various types of music and sports radio, Clear Channel would own about 15 of them.

There is no overlap between iHeart and TuneIn. If it's a Clear Channel station or affiliate, you won't hear it on TuneIn and vice versa.

I personally think music and radio was better before Clear Channel came along but I'm happy to be able to listen to a few of my favorite local radio stations easily when I want but I'm definitely looking forward to the new TuneIn and Pandora apps. There are several W8 apps that aren't on WP8, I hope it won't be that long of a wait for them to migrate over to WP.

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to the TuneIn website and clicked on the link to get the app for Windows Phone. I got directed to the Windows Phone Store and it says this "Your version of the Windows Phone software is not supported by this application."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3