Whatsapp

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having issues with whatsapp receiving messages on wifi? Seems messaged come in slower on wifi than in data. In addition to sending as well.

Sometimes on wifi, i get the notificatino of new message i open the app, it doesn't show. I have to close out and re-open to get the messages sometimes.

Wondering anybody have same problem.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I use Whatsapp pretty heavily, but not usually on wifi. I have the same problem you do, though, in getting notifications of new messages but them not being there. Exiting the app works as you said. Must be a bug, and a pretty annoying one at that. :/

rantanplan1980

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Problem is that I'm on Wifi all the time at home because I have bad 3G coverage.
Now I can choose between poor internet or delayed whatsapp. Hope they update the app soon.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You guys should stop using this crap service. Developers have completely dropped support.. (Even on IOS they havent updated for over half a year, it's still yet to be optimized for the iPhone 5, so don't expect windows 8 to get anything soon)

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a decent alternative to whatsapp out there? I tried Kik messenger but for some reason it has really heavy battery usage. I was getting maybe 6 hours from my 710.

There was one other I tried, but the name escapes me - however, the voice message quality was incredibly poor compared to whatsapp.

Same as others above though, whatsapp messages can take an age (sometimes days) to arrive on someone else's phone.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there a decent alternative to whatsapp out there? I tried Kik messenger but for some reason it has really heavy battery usage. I was getting maybe 6 hours from my 710.

There was one other I tried, but the name escapes me - however, the voice message quality was incredibly poor compared to whatsapp.

Same as others above though, whatsapp messages can take an age (sometimes days) to arrive on someone else's phone.

WhatsApp sucks big times. Problem is that EVERYONE has it, and people are not willing to drop it and install yet another messaging app. WhatsApp's success is purely because they got there first.

I officially abandoned WhatsApp this week and have been using Hike instead. Most of my coworkers have it, and I'm working hard to make my friends change too :)

hike - fun, free messaging for life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb