5 apps you would really like to see on WP8.

wrigs

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
NOOK

Seriously, it's on Windows 8, where is the Windows Phone 8 version? How does microsoft invest 300 million odd dollars in Nook and not have a Nook app on the phone? Would be awesome for nights on the subway when I'm not carrying my nook but want to read.

Also, yeah, Spotify, Paypal, Instagram, would all be nice. Scramble with friends would be great but by the time we get it no one will be playing so meh...

I disagree with the facebook comment, I think the app is fine, as are the me/people tiles.

Rolf92

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Bank app (ING NL)
2. Spotify
3. Tapatalk
4. TuneIn
5. Popular game titles like Wordfeud, Draw Something and Ruzzle.
6. Instagram (I don't use it, but it's good for the ecosystem)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
For those wanting a tapatalk app, have you looked at Board Express? I will probably buy it after my trial runs out.

Mint
A good GPS Turn By Turn app that doesn't cost $50
A better Twitter App. Tweetcaster is nice but it's $5. Double the Android app price.
Google Music*

*I'm still not sure how Xbox Music Pass is supposed to work. I'm currently just using it to download music during my trial. How do I upload my music and have it matched to their library? Once I figure that out I won't need a Google Music app.

I did purchase it. I can't stand it when ads take up screen real-estate. And the is lack luster compared to tapatalk. Nothing to speak well about. Also if you log in to your forum account, you may not be able to post anything through board express as it may kick you and won't let you log in until you reset the password.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily apps I need, but apps I think would help the platform.

1. Instagram
  2. Pandora
  3. WhatsApp
  4. Dropbox
  5. Tapatalk

One app I'd want to see personally is "Call of Duty: Elite". Not sure how Microsoft gets first dibs on the DLCs, but can't get a client out for WP.

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just realized today that there isn't Expedia available to download. Wild. A Microsoft owned entity with a great iOS app, and no WP8 app?

b4yp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The only one that I can think off that I'm really missing is Spotify. Maybe a Verizon FiOS app so I can program the DVR remotely. Better Facebook app. Pinball Arcade and Super Hexagon would be awesome too.

But really, as long as I have Spotify, I'm happy. And I know it's coming. I'm just being impatient. :)
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to give a realists response to this question. You can't fight city hall-I realize Microsoft wants me in their ecosystem so I'm not going to demand high quality Google apps (yet):

1-Flipboard....WP is woefully lacking a good news app, and this is by far the best one on any platform
2-Scoremobile-or any good sports score app that doesn't look like a mobile web site
3-Instagram-not a big user of this but no excuse for not having it
4-Priceline-I rely on this app to book hotels at the last second, on the go
5-Tumblr

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Official Twitch.tv app.
2. Flipboard.
3. Swedbank (Swedish bank).
4. Improved gaming emulators (GBC, GBA, SNES etc.).
5. Instagram (not a user, but for the sake of the platform).

Also Spotify, but it's supposedly coming soon.

JoshuaShepherd

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp - W8 compatible
Facebook - which is actually worth having, would like it to have all the features the android version has!
Youtube - one that isn't just a link to the mobile site
Instagram
CommonBank - one that isn't just a link to a site, it should be like the iPhone version

Would also like some decent games like, Football Manager, Fifa 12, GTA and others.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just realized today that there isn't Expedia available to download. Wild. A Microsoft owned entity with a great iOS app, and no WP8 app?
?

You know Expedia was started but Microsoft but has since spun off and is it's entirely own company now right? :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo