11-13-2012, 01:46 PM #1
- 1 Posts
I've had a new Lumia 920 since Friday. I'm switching from an iPhone 4.
My primary use of a smartphone is for playing back podcasts. The native podcast app is missing two features from iOS that I can't live without.
1) Drag to location (scrubbing in iOS).
2) Audible FF/RW.
I've tried a number of 3rd party podcasting clients:
1) SlapDash Podcasts - Drag to location, but no FF/RW at all.
2) PODCASTS! - same as built in
3) Podceiver - no in track movement at all.
4) Simply Podcast - no drag to location, FF jumps 30 seconds, better than default behavior I guess.
Are there any that I am missing that might have these features?
I love everything else about this phone, but this is a deal breaker. If there isn't something better, it is going back to ATT.
11-13-2012, 03:18 PM #2
- 66 Posts
At least you get to subscribe to podcasts... There's zero native support outside the US.
Can't you just hold down the FF/RW buttons? The longer you hold one down, the faster it it goes, so drag to location (I assume you mean shift to another part of the podcast) shouldn't be such a big deal.
EDIT: Sorry, not sure how I missed the word "Audible" before "FF/RW".
04-15-2013, 05:18 PM #3
- 1 Posts
My app, Podrageous, has a drag to location slider and 10-second fwd/rwd jump buttons. I don't think audible fwd/rwd is supported in Windows Phone, but I'll double-check and add it if so.
Free version (ad supported): Podrageous Free
99-cent version (no ads) with free trial (ads): Podrageous
Any questions or suggestions, please send me feedback at Podrageous. I'd like Podrageous to be the best podcast player available on Windows Phone, but need your suggestions to get it there.
- 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM #4
Could I barge in and add a couple of things, possibly someone can recommend one or tell me they're working on it.
- Automatic hands-off download of podcasts in the background without the app running. Don't care if wifi or cellular data.
- Cross-device playcount sync over the cloud, i.e. sync podcast / episode played-to state across devices (Zune does this on device sync and it's what is to me an immense backwards step in WP8).
Podcasts in WP8 are unusable for me without these two things.