What's up with app permissions

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems like just about every app needs access to my photos and media. Why does EVERY game need this permission? It's very suspect and I am reluctant to install any apps on my phone, even top rated apps. I find a few apps here and there which have more sensible permissions but a lot of apps are just out of control in what they want to do with my phone and data!

What's up with that?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
This question has came up a couple of times. I guess it has to do with the permission groupings in the SDK. Meaning to get access to your xBox avatar, it probably a grouping in pictures & media. Something like that.

I understand your concern.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also wish there was a way to better understand what giving those permissions means. For example, if they have photo permission, does that mean they can read and download any photo on my phone?

WPC... Please make an article clearing describing WP8 app permissions, what they mean to us, and how to make safe choices to protect our privacy when downloading apps. I want WP8 to succeed and I want to install and purchase several apps, but the permissions make me leary. If an article already exists, please provide the link to this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12